Dajsam
Level 2: Rookie

New account received with separated phone line, overlaps current billing period

Answered

One bill has had fixed line and mobiles. it has been like that for years. Have received a new account bill with just the fixed line charge. The period for charging overlaps the period dates on the previous combined account ??

No explanation with the new telstra bill. It has a new account number. I would like to know/understand what is happening .

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JessicaCL
Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Re: New account received with separated phone line, overlaps current billing period

Hi Dajsam,

Please contact our NBN team on 1800 834 273 and they can check on that message you have received. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
EthanG
Support Team
Support Team

Re: New account received with separated phone line, overlaps current billing period

Hi @Dajsam,

Thanks for reaching out. Sorry to hear about this issue, I can understand this would be quite frustrating.

If you are looking at merging or separating any bills, I recommend speaking to our sales team to look into this. You can find them online via Live Chat or over the phone on 13 22 00 (when prompted, say 'sales').

Please let me know how you go.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Dajsam
Level 2: Rookie

@EthanG
I have been on to live Chat, for approx 3 hours over two days. I still dont know why the bills were separated, but have accepted this as the new normal. an issue was also that my plan (home phone) was upgraded to a higher charge - I did not ask for this . It is now reverted back. Todays news is that I got a SMS overnight giving me a NBN order number - but they does not seem to be anywhere I can check what I have supposedly ordered?
JessicaCL
Support Team
Support Team
Accepted Solution

Hi Dajsam,

Please contact our NBN team on 1800 834 273 and they can check on that message you have received. 

View solution in original post

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit