Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

New bill fails!

Answered

I think the new bill layout, although better, fails to deliver. Trouble is that Telstra is sooo big I doubt if my complaint would be heard, so why both?

Just two examples.

1. Why does the amount shown as "less discounts" for the landline useage appear as a seperate item in the summary under "account charges and credits" but the the amount for "less discounts" in the mobile usage section does not.

2. The asmount shown as a credit in my mobile usage section is not explain anywhere. It is simply plucked out of the air.

Finally a long term beef of mine is that the mobile charges bear no relationn to the mobile phone contract I signed a contract to agree to be charged a certain amount per call plus a figure for 30 second blocks. No where do these figures appear on my account so how can I be sure your are charging me at the rates to which we contracted?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Alumni (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Re: New bill fails!

@rbyles wrote:

I think the new bill layout, although better, fails to deliver. Trouble is that Telstra is sooo big I doubt if my complaint would be heard, so why both?

Just two examples.

1. Why does the amount shown as "less discounts" for the landline useage appear as a seperate item in the summary under "account charges and credits" but the the amount for "less discounts" in the mobile usage section does not.

2. The asmount shown as a credit in my mobile usage section is not explain anywhere. It is simply plucked out of the air.

Finally a long term beef of mine is that the mobile charges bear no relationn to the mobile phone contract I signed a contract to agree to be charged a certain amount per call plus a figure for 30 second blocks. No where do these figures appear on my account so how can I be sure your are charging me at the rates to which we contracted?

Hey Rbyles,

Thanks for your feedback. The new bill design comes from years of Customer Feedback around our bills, and this is what the design people came up with.

Looking at my current Invoice, I see for the Mobile the cost of the Plan, then charges outside of the plan:

Mobile Service Summary

The idea behind this is to improve simplicity. I'm on a $59.00 Plan, and I haven't exceeded my included allowance ($550 value and 1.5GB of Data). Therefore, I only see my $59.00 plan (Plus my MRO).

As I have a detailed bill, I also see call charges further down:

your usage.jpg

This allows me to see how much I've been charged for each call. In your case, You are charged $x for Flagfall, plus $y per 30 seconds. Easiest way to work that out is to take your Per Minute charge, plus your Flagfall, and thats how much you will be charged for the first 30 seconds. Simply add $y for every 30second block.

The idea here is to reduce simplicity, while still providing detailed bill information if its needed. Customer Service can help if you have any specific questions regarding your account.

----------------------------

New Users - Click Here!

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Community Alumni (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Re: New bill fails!

@rbyles wrote:

Just two examples.

Hey Rbyles,

Thanks for your feedback. The new bill design comes from years of Customer Feedback around our bills, and this is what the design people came up with.

Looking at my current Invoice, I see for the Mobile the cost of the Plan, then charges outside of the plan:

Mobile Service Summary

The idea behind this is to improve simplicity. I'm on a $59.00 Plan, and I haven't exceeded my included allowance ($550 value and 1.5GB of Data). Therefore, I only see my $59.00 plan (Plus my MRO).

As I have a detailed bill, I also see call charges further down:

your usage.jpg

This allows me to see how much I've been charged for each call. In your case, You are charged $x for Flagfall, plus $y per 30 seconds. Easiest way to work that out is to take your Per Minute charge, plus your Flagfall, and thats how much you will be charged for the first 30 seconds. Simply add $y for every 30second block.

The idea here is to reduce simplicity, while still providing detailed bill information if its needed. Customer Service can help if you have any specific questions regarding your account.

----------------------------

New Users - Click Here!

View solution in original post

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit