Level 2: Rookie

New my telstra web portal mess

Answered

Trying to make a payment online and this new web portal experience is a mess. It didn't bring forward my saved account details. Can't use paypal it says Sorry, we can't connect to the payment system at this time. Please try again later." I don't want to use my credit card. Can't find a way to contact support centre about this. Contact us page suggested posting the question here or use the telstra app. Why would I want to download another app to get help? I remember there was a chat function but that's gone too. Why telstra why?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: New my telstra web portal mess

The chat function is in the app (or Livechat). You should still be able to use BPay to pay your bill as well (details are on your bill).

We can't do anything about the payment website here or offer any solution to it not working other than pointing you to other payment methods.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Accepted Solution

The chat function is in the app (or Livechat). You should still be able to use BPay to pay your bill as well (details are on your bill).

We can't do anything about the payment website here or offer any solution to it not working other than pointing you to other payment methods.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

Thanks Jupiter, All good, in the end I did pay using BPay, It was bit of a rant Smiley Very Happy Was expressing my frustration towards Telstra. Previous portal worked perfectly fine, at least for me. Why trying to fix something that's not broken. Where did you find the LiveChat link from? I checked both support page and the contact us page. 

@Jupiter wrote:

The Livechat link hasn't changed in a few years. It was inactive for most of the COVID response and has only come back online recently. It is preferable to use the My Telstra app if possible (same consultants) because that way you don't have to keep it open as you get a notification when someone responds.

Cool, tried livechat, there's no real agents there. Just a chatbot guiding to download the app for everything. It looks like that's how Telstra is operating these days, just funnelling all of the existing customer issues to the app.

In my case I didn't want to install the app, because am not with Telstra, I was trying to pay my wife's phone bill. It's an overkill and unnecessary effort to download an app just to inform telstra their payment doesn't work. 

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit