CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

New NBN Service Connection fee dispute

Your order number is: 1-2376655693014, 1-2395175039841

Can Anyone help, Telstra initially agreed to waive the NBN Connection Fee, then they canceled that order and raised a new one. Now they are charging me a connection fee. The account has DD setup but I do not authorise Telstra to DD the connection amount. 

Telstra refuse to support me through phone, app, myaccount or live chat as each points to the other in a vicious (and obvious premeditated manner), so this is my last chance for a resolution before engaging the TIO (telecommunications Industry ombudsman).

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Level 19: Deputy Director
Level 19: Deputy Director

Re: New NBN Service Connection fee dispute

Telstra cannot waive the nbn 'new development fee' of $300.00, this isn't their fee, it is a fee of nbnCo, set by the government, as you are the first time user of a fixed internet service at your address you're required to pay it, if you are renting, usually your landlord would pay this, but if you own the property you accept the cost. They may have waived the $99 service connection charge (their own fee) for you, you'd have to refer to your order estimate, sent to you by email, to clarify exactly what fees apply. 

CrowsSupport isn't a customer service channel for Telstra, we're Telstra customers just like you. You'll need to raise a complaint if you intend to dispute this, and give Telstra opportunity to respond first, The Telecommunications Industry Ombudsman will not accept your complaint if you have not attempted to escalate your complaint with your provider first. Just bearing in mind, due to the current COVID-19 situation, it might take them longer than usual to respond to your complaint.

While I am a Telstra employee, I am not an official Telstra representative on CrowdSupport. My opinions are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Telstra.
Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Hey Mate i had same issue back in nov-dec. I got in touch with their complains department and explained everything in detail. I was credited first month and connection fee. Do not worry it will be credited to you. Just let them know and keep order number handy. When they credit you please get order number for that credit as well. You will also get email with amount and order number when they credit you. THEY WILL credit 100%. 

Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Hi jhwiz,

Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Hello @Alexander4507,

Thanks for your message, apologies for any issues with charges for your NBN service.

You can find out more regarding charges for connecting to the NBN here: https://tel.st/349ll

The $240 Technician visit you are referring to is likely for a Professional installation fee,

this is an optional service from Telstra if you would like to have the modem set up and up to 5 devices connected.

(Not related to the new development fee discussed in this thread)

This fee may also be charged for complex or non-standard work including additional connection points,

this is entirely dependent on the premise. A recent or current connection would generally indicate professional installation is unnecessary, and a self-install kit is sufficient if a new modem is necessary.

We have no account access via Crowd Support to check, it would be best to discuss the charges with us

via the blue message icon in the Get Help section of the My Telstra App.

The bill estimate you are referring to would list all potential charges, it also may not yet take

into account any possible credits applied to offset charges.

-Aaron

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit