new plan

Answered

I don't want to pay ANOTHER $6 a month this is extorsion 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

Re: new plan

You have two options. Ring Cancellations and tell them, as they sometimes produce miracles,  or go to another reseller or network.

"BEING NICE TO OTHERS .. IS NICE"
If I have helped you, a "Like" would be appreciated.

If my advice is a solution, please acknowledge it.

I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. Expert in current Telstra Go repeaters & smart antennas.
"Being 76 years of age, entitles one to be an expert at everything!!"

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

You have two options. Ring Cancellations and tell them, as they sometimes produce miracles,  or go to another reseller or network.

"BEING NICE TO OTHERS .. IS NICE"
If I have helped you, a "Like" would be appreciated.

If my advice is a solution, please acknowledge it.

I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. Expert in current Telstra Go repeaters & smart antennas.
"Being 76 years of age, entitles one to be an expert at everything!!"

View solution in original post

Level 1: Cadet

So pay up or go?    Nice options 

Level 22: Superhuman
Level 22: Superhuman

@Mother57 wrote:

So pay up or go?    Nice options 

HI @Mother57 

As @ProfessorPhone mentioned, you can call "disconnections" (Say that top the bot lady during business hours) and see if they can offer you something that suits you. They are the ones with the power to offer deals. As an example; you will have to change to one of the current plans because the old plans are being retired. But, at times they might offer you the price difference in credit for say 6 or 12 months if you have been a long-term customer.

It got to a stage that there were over 2,000+ different customer plans out there, and it was just getting worse and worse. So Telstra decided to rain that all-in and move, everyone, over the current plans. Which has taken a great deal of time due to the sheer volume.

Of course, if you are still not happy then moving on is the last option left.

Someone keeps putting vegetables in my beer crisper
Support Team
Support Team

Hi Mother57. 

I can understand this change may be unexpected and cause frustration.

These changes have been made to customers on specific plans that are no longer in-market offers that are being removed from our plan structure. We understand that there is never a good time to make changes and we don't make these decisions lightly. From time to time we need to review our pricing to ensure we're offering customers value while managing our own costs.  We know affordability and value is important to our customers, especially in times such as this, and we have worked hard to keep any increases to a minimum.

We have been sending customers an email or letter about the change beginning in February 2020 - with a link to information about their new plan and how to get 12 month rebate for the price change. Sometimes our emails get automatically routed to your spam of junk folder to be sure to check there and mark us as a safe sender or add us to your email contacts to avoid this in the future. 

We have an indepth FAQ page regarding these changes, the "Why", "How" and "What To Expect" outlined here: https://tel.st/c6lq8. This is also covered by our "General terms of service. You can read the fine print here https://tel.st/7gkql.

If you would like to go over your options or see what we can do to reduce your monthly costs, please speak with our team via the My Telstra App messaging service (link here https://tel.st/ekmhp). Just click on the "Get Help" menu icon and then click on the "Message Us" button and type "Disconnection" and a member of our team will be in touch to assist you with this. If you get stuck on the Codi chat bot, you can type "Consultant" to get through to a team member. 

Regards - Tom

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit