A612
Level 2: Rookie

New Telstra 2021 Pre-Paid Plans - System and process issues including missing monthly Tax Invoices

My account was transitioned to one of the new Telstra Pre-Paid plans during August 2021.

I am experiencing multiple issues (system errors, auto recharge, tax invoices) when logging into my account, since migration of my plan to the new plan/system/process. I have had online chats and calls with Telstra, they have confirmed and are actioning my complaints I raised except for one.

For many years I have logged into Telstra during the first week of every month to download each calendar month Tax Invoice, which is a pdf document containing recharge amounts and detailed listing of all calls, text and data usage. I download and file Telstra Tax Invoices for reasons including tax purposes. Detailed Telstra Tax Invoices are currently not available in the new system, Telstra advised they will only review for action if they receive at least 50-100 customer complaints.

I am asking the community to please review your own accounts and raise a complaint directly with Telstra so they will acknowledge this issue and take action.

Your urgent action with the above would be greatly appreciated.

Qualified and experienced engineer (Telstra customer only, not employee)

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
8 REPLIES 8
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: New Telstra 2021 Pre-Paid Plans - System and process issues including missing monthly Tax Invoic

Sorry, but my son's Prepaid service hasn't been migrated yet so I can't check myself.

Are you getting a summary Invoice from the system?

If you are, and you are on a PrePaid recharge that has unlimited calls & SMS, then that is all that they are required to produce as the calls and SMS are not deemed to be chargeable items in that case.

If you are on a PrePaid recharge that includes a call/SMS allowance (ie number of calls/SMS per month), then they would be deemed chargeable and a detailed usage should be provided.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
A612

Re: New Telstra 2021 Pre-Paid Plans - System and process issues including missing monthly Tax Invoic

Thank you for your response.

Telstra advised I was the first person to raise this topic, I am concerned I was transitioned early and many customers have not noticed this particular issue as yet. I posted this topic to highlight it and hopefully push Telstra into actioning as soon as possible.

In reference to "summary Invoice", my next invoice that should have already been available for download is for calendar month of August 2021 usage but this currently does not exist in the system in any format.

For your comments in the last two paragraphs, Telstra has not stated this to me during my communications and therefore I remain optimistic that they would not dramatically drop their Tax Invoice standards.

Jupiter

In the My Telstra app, below where you download the invoice, do you have a section called "Detailed Usage"? That's where you can download a CSV file with the usage for the billing period.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
A612

Whilst I appreciate your response, you are going in the incorrect direction. My comments are;

1) My Telstra app is not a solution as I need to download a Tax Invoice on my PC.

2) The csv usage reports in my profile are missing large periods of usage history, which indicate issues with the Telstra implementation of migrating customers to their new system.

3) The csv usage reports do not qualify as Tax Invoices.

Jupiter

I can assure you that I am not going in the wrong direction.

You can download the CSV file to your PC by logging in to My Telstra on your PC. (or by transferring the file from your phone to your computer via Bluetooth).

Missing data in your usage history is usually caused by your phone being connected to a wifi network and calls and messages being transferred via VoWifi and Telstra Messaging or iMessage (especially if you use a Samsung or Apple phone). But you can query Telstra about the specific gaps in the data. You would need to check the logs on your device so that you could give them adequate information in order to troubleshoot to see if there is another issue in play.

In know that the detailed usage reports aren't part of the Tax Invoice. All Telstra are required to provide under Australian Tax Legislation is an Invoice showing the Company Name, ABN, Date, Description of the service being provided, Charges and GST component (see Tax invoices | Australian Taxation Office (ato.gov.au) for the requirements). A breakdown of usage is not required as you are being charged for access to a service for a given period of time, not for a quantity of Calls & Messages.

If you are not getting access to the Summary Invoice, then you will need to contact Telstra and ask them to provide it. They are legally required to provide it within 28 calendar days of your request.

If the Customer Service Officers cannot provide the Tax Invoice, lodge it as a formal complaint via https://telstra.com/complaints and a Complaints Manager should make contact in about 5 business days. They should be able to get you the invoice.

A612

To Telstra customers (not Telstra employees), have any of you been transitioned to new systems and experienced issues? What are your issue(s)?

Rohan123
Level 20: Director
Level 20: Director

Hi @A612 

While I can't help you with your problem as I am not on prepaid.

I just felt the need to let you know, Jupiter! is not a Telstra employee, He is only trying to help you.

If Jupiter was a Telstra employee, Then he could probably replicate your problem and offer a solution.

This is a community based forum where 99% of people are Telstra customers Not Telstra employees.

Perhaps @Dowser might have some more information to help you with. 

I don't work for Telstra, Never have, I am just a Telstra customer like you.
So the advice I give is my own, In my own time, Guided by my own experience/knowledge.
Which I am always happy to be corrected on.
Rohan
A612

Below is my topic update;

1) The new Telstra system still appears to be unstable.

2) Telstra advised they are unable to provide the missing invoice for August. The best Telstra claimed they could do is provide me with a page that would best be described as a receipt for my recharge. In addition, I had to follow a special process to request and receive this document.

3) A Tax Invoice for September finally became available for download but;

a) Availability of the Tax Invoice was delayed by more than one week longer than the old system.

b) Unlike the original Tax Invoice format, the new Tax Invoice has no usage information.

4) Usage is available from your online profile but;

a) Content is poor and not great for offline record keeping.

b) More time is required to assess the system further but based on what I have seen so far, I am not confident in its usage accuracy.

I have many years of implementing, improving and managing systems and processes, in my opinion, Telstra has taken a backward step.

I hope some community members find the content in this topic to be useful.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit