Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Over charged

Hi Guys, 

Telstra have been over charging me on my mobile phone bill. Have tried support centre, tried calling them however they are unable to help me.  Any suggestions where can I seek help ? 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
15 REPLIES 15
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Over charged

Hello @tel123,

Thanks for your message, apologies for any issues with the mobile phone bill.

To dispute a charge or request a credit, fill out the web-form on this site: https://tel.st/973ry

If you still then need to get in touch, please sign into the My Telstra App, head to Get Help, and click on the blue

message icon to send us a message. The assistant will have some suggestions before a team member is notified

if further assistance is required.

-Aaron

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted

Hi Aaron,

thanks for your reply! 
I have tried those options and the virtual assistant also could not  help. 
I tired calling telstra number and apparently my issue is non essential.  
I am wondering what do it do ? 

Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Hello @tel123 ,

Thanks for the update.

Were you able to fill out the webform requesting a credit or disputing a charge?

If so there may be some delays in responding but the applicable team will investigate

once able.

You may possibly still be using the Telstra 24x7 App, the new update to the My

Telstra App has a different message system, the assistant will notify a team member

if the suggestions are no help, you can find out more here: https://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/Accounts-Plans/How-to-message-with-us-in-the-My-Telstra-app/t...

-Aaron

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted

Hi Aaron, 

I did try through the app aswell. 
it come back to me and says they couldn’t find any issue with my bill and doesnt allow me  to go ahead with the issue.  I tried calling too and the recording says because of the COVID they have limited service.  

Are you able to give me a call ? 

Highlighted
Level 19: Deputy Director
Level 19: Deputy Director

@tel123 nobody on CrowdSupport can call you to discuss your account, what do the charges appear as on your bill? I may be able to help you make sense of them.

While I am a Telstra employee, I am not an official Telstra representative on CrowdSupport. My opinions are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Telstra.
Highlighted

Hi there, 

I did fill out the online complaints form on Thursday.  However no body have got back to me yet.   

Highlighted

So I have 2 services for this bill. One is minimum charge one ( only the keep the phone number ) which should be charged $25. No body is using that phone at all.  However they have changed me more for that service which no body is using. 

Highlighted

I have the same issue being over charded for Internet Bundle.

Every avenue in My Telstra app and the 24/7 app lead to the same message:

Unfortunately, we're unable to process your credit request online.

Due to an increase in global containment measures, Telstra's contact centre workforce has been reduced.
This means there will be longer wait times for customers contacting us via phone or online messaging.

You can still reach us by sending us a message in our app:
• In the My Telstra app, tap on Get help and select the blue speech bubble
• In the Telstra 24x7 app, tap on Support. Under Contact us, select Message us

Type your query in as much detail as you can and follow the prompts. A member of our team will respond to you in due time.

So the advice leads customers in a circle back to the same response.

There should be at the very least, an option to email Telstra, and receive a ticket number that can be dealt with when Telstra billing support is back on track.

Highlighted
Level 3: Gumshoe

A million times YES. This is my problem. Chat won't put you through to anyone, online form won't allow you to contact (See message above), in store say they can't deal with account credits. Where do we go for help?? There's no email to contact anyone. I'm on a pension and my account closed months ago. I need my money back! I am desperate. No one thinks we're important enough to help. I can't afford to wait months. I live on DSP. This has gone and screwed up everything for me. Messed up budget means no medication for months for me. How am I/we non essential?

Highlighted

Can someone please help us?? This isn't funny! Some of us are desperate!! 

Highlighted

I found that if I send a detailed message in the chat message, the chat bot shuts up and refers me to a human.  My issues are all resolved now.

Highlighted

I've tried every possible way and it won't put me through.

Highlighted

Try and fill out the complaint form.  You will be able to fill this out online.  

Highlighted

Copy and Paste the same message 3 or 4 times and the chat bot should stop responding.  Within a variable amount of time, somebody will respond.  Anywhere from 30 minutes to 4 hours in my case.

Highlighted

@tel123 wrote:

Try and fill out the complaint form.  You will be able to fill this out online.  

Yep did that about 3 or 4 weeks ago. No response. I think someone else mentioned they did it too.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit