borgy01
Level 1: Cadet

Pay my monthly bill by using the credit I have on my account

I have credit in my Telstra account of $142, I just recently returned back from Optus after a year being on a family plan. My circumstances have changed and decided to go back with Telstra. 

So when Telstra opened up my old account it was in credit of $142. I normally put money into Telstra every week so that when my monthly bill comes around my credit covers the bill. Except they are now asking for a direct debit or credit card for the new bill of $55 thats just came in. 

Why doesn't Telstra take the $55 from my credit of $142 can some one please explain, because I can't seem to get hold of customer service person.   

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
OllieW
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Pay my monthly bill by using the credit I have on my account

I believe that will happen by default borgy, the direct debit request would be for use beyond that existing credit.

Ta!

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit