Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Payment extension again

Answered

Hi I already have a payment extension in place and it’s up as of today 6th of April and my account is due but I need to apply for a new payment extension now as I’ve had no work due to COVID 19 and I don’t want to loose my internet or Foxtel while I’m trying to work this out 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 19: Deputy Director
Accepted Solution

Re: Payment extension again

Telstra aren’t charging late payment fees or suspending services for bills that become overdue between Thursday 19 March and Thursday 30 April 2020. Late payment fees may apply for bills that become overdue before 19 March 2020, or after 30 April 2020. 

Hope this helps.

While I am a Telstra employee, I am not an official Telstra representative on CrowdSupport. My opinions are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Telstra.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Telstra aren’t charging late payment fees or suspending services for bills that become overdue between Thursday 19 March and Thursday 30 April 2020. Late payment fees may apply for bills that become overdue before 19 March 2020, or after 30 April 2020. 

Hope this helps.

While I am a Telstra employee, I am not an official Telstra representative on CrowdSupport. My opinions are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Telstra.

View solution in original post

Ok so I’m not going to loose any of my internet or Foxtel account even though my account is due today also when can I apply for a new payment extension 

Highlighted

That's correct, and I'm not too sure, but all collections activity has been suspended until the 30th of April currently, so consider that a payment extension until then I guess Smiley Happy The credit management team that processes those payment extensions are based in the Phillipines and are unable to work due to the shutdown imposed by the government there. 

Highlighted

Ok so that great to know so I do not need to worry about my account for the time being and I won’t be disconnected from my bundle at this time 

Highlighted

Yup that's right, just bear in mind any overdue amount after 30 April might be subject to a late payment fee or collections activity as per normal.

Highlighted

Ok thank you for your help I will be able to pay my bill amount by the 30th April so that helps me out a lot 

Highlighted

Can you tell me when exactly I can apply for another payment extension 

Highlighted

It's a bit hard to tell at this stage, depends when the credit management teams in the Phillipines are able to work again and complete this or Telstra enable staff in Australia to complete this work.

Highlighted

You can apply for a payment extension here: https://www.my.telstra.com.au/myaccount/payment-extension

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit