Level 1: Cadet

PDF Bills not printing

Hi,

About September 2020 your emailed PDF bills stopped printing.

When I send to the printer, the printer will prepare to print and then nothing happens. Printer just shuts down again. No issues with any other PDF files including other emailed bills eg. Optus bills, etc. Every other PDF file prints as it should. Using Windows 10 (latest updates installed) on a Brother colour laserjet printer (also with latest drivers and firmware). Have also emailed the Telstra PDF bills to my work but still does not print. Using latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader DC (20.013.20074). This appears to be a common fault with your PDF bills. Something changed September 2020, maybe you need to update your PDF creator to latest version so latest version PDF readers can print even though should be backwards compatible. Please provide a solution.

Regards

Rod

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: PDF Bills not printing

I've just printed my Telstra PDF bill using the same version of Acrobat Reader DC from 2 different Windows 10 PCs and 2 printers (an Epson XP-235 and an HP). So it doesn't appear to be any problem with the PDF file.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Level 2: Rookie

The best solution I can think of is don't print to paper.

They are already in a format that can be viewed, stored in a folder, backed up etc.

You could try an online pdf analyser.

"This appears to be a common fault with your PDF bills." No, its not a common fault with my bills(yours maybe).

Thanks, What I find odd is that since last September only the Telstra bills have stopped printing.

Cheers

True, they can be viewed but my method is to print 1st page of all bills to hang on fridge so not to forget. I'm sure your method will be different. I'm sure your bill prints fine but my bills oddly enough stopped printing last September and everything else prints. I work at a very large government office and they also don't print at my work as stated.

"Common fault" Yes indeed, try to google the problem and all you get are many pages of similar faults but no solutions. You must be the lucky one.

Rod,

What I do is set a task on my calendar with a reminder set for the day prior (I put the amount into the task as text). I then attach the PDF to the task so that I have access to the bill if I need it. The alarm pops up on my phone as I have it linked to my email account.

No printing necessary.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit