Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Phone Account in my daughters name, she moved overseas

HI there, I have a question, about 12 years ago my daughter moved home with us and at the time we didn't have a phone or internet account.  My daughter decided she wanted the internet and created a connection and account with Telstra.  We continued life for years with the account in her name.  Very suddenly she decided she had fallen head over heels for a guy from the US, within 8 weeks she up and moved the the US.  The phone account was the last thing on my mind after having to say goodbye to my daughter and grand-daughter.  Eventually we realised we were in a pickle, so we just took over payment of the bill and have done so for the last 8-9 years.  We have always kept our payments on time and to be honest it all just seemed too hard to think of the logistics of trying to work this out.  However, now I have ordered some apple airpods via my/her telstra rewards and given my own license number as id, but the order will be in her name, but my address, my drivers license and I earnt the rewards from all the bills I have paid in the past.  It seems like now might be the time to try and sort this out once and for all so I don't have to worry about things like this again.  So, how do I do this when she lives in Oklahoma, I don't want to disconnect and reconnect, I want to keep all our account/phone numbers the same etc.  Any help would be greatly appreciated thank you!

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit