Amber21
Level 1: Cadet

Phone disconnected when bill was paid

I recently paid my phone bill through PayPal and thought all was good as I received a receipt saying it’d gone through. Tuesday my phone was suddenly disconnected and Telstra reckon the payment was never put through any there’s no sign of payment. Has anyone had troubles with this before and what can I do to get my money back as ive now had to make 2 payments 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
WillowR
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Phone disconnected when bill was paid

Hey Amber21, that's a bit of a tricky one. Payments made through PayPal or BPAY are subject to different rules than paying to us directly because you're making your payment through a third party service (PayPal is its own entity of course, as is BPAY - banks partner with BPAY, so if this payment had been made via BPAY you'd need to speak with your financial institution). You'd need to speak with PayPal to have the payment chased up, and they'd need to refund you via their process. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Dowser
Level 21: Augmented
Level 21: Augmented

Re: Phone disconnected when bill was paid

I concur with @WillowR regarding retrieving your first payment. Keep notes etc of your correspondence with Telstra.

FYI, regarding your latest payment and having the service restrictions removed:

• Tell us when you’ve paid it and the phone number of the restricted service. If you have multiple restricted services, please supply your account number.

Source

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit