Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Ported mobile to Telstra now can't receive Vodafone calls

Hi Telstra. Since 2013 (!) we have tried many times to have this issue resolved by your phone support team with no satisfactory outcome. Back in 2013 our business ported its mobile numbers from Optus to Telstra and one phone (my bosses phone) has since had trouble receiving calls from Vodafone and TPG numbers. He now can't receive calls from his wife! A quick google tells me this is a VERY common problem but not all Telstra support reps know about it or how to fix it. Can you please help me to resolve this for my boss asap.  Thank you.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Ported mobile to Telstra now can't receive Vodafone calls

Given that it has been a problem for so long, it may need to get escalated for anything to be done. But basically, you need to request the consultant to put in a request to Optus to finish the porting process properly, specifically, the redirection in the Optus numbers database needs to be repaired so that it is pointing the number to Telstra.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Re: Ported mobile to Telstra now can't receive Vodafone calls

Ok thanks Jupiter. I think i may have gotten through to someone at telstra who is familiar with this issue. i bypassed the phone help team and went straight to the telstra facebook page! Immediate response and appear to know how to resolve. fingers crossed!

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit