Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Possible scam

Hi i keep getting sms from telstra saying my bill is overdue but when i check thw app it isnt due for another week, i have ahad a couple sms like this now.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Re: Possible scam

I'm having the same problem with texts saying my payment is overdue , it's not!!!!!! I'm texting through the app for an account problem but it's just automated Rey's and I can't even talk to anyone to get this sorted grrrrr I'm over TELSTRA

Highlighted

Im glad to hear its not just me as bad as it sounds. I was starting to think there aas something wrong with my account as i couldnt find anything similar on any of these forums.

Guess its just a scam.

The next day after the text i have been getting a call from a private number but keep missing it. Althoygh the voicemail says that i have account usage fees that are urgent and to call 1800 816 025

Highlighted

It's not a scam the messages I mean , I spoke to someone at Telstra before the virus and they stopped it from happening. Now they have taken a extra direct debit from my account and I have never signed up for direct debit. I've been messaging them for weeks nothing sorted grrrrr. I know they are short staffed at the moment but really Telstra. I have had several different people message me but no help from anyone! 

Highlighted
Technical Support
Technical Support

Hi Jyebus

Here is some information that is kept up to date concerning the current circulating scams:

https://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/broadband-nbn/active-scams/ta-p/791114

Just to be sure you can check on your account status with Telstra by downloading the 'My Telstra App' on your mobile device. From here you can see all of your accounts and payments, but also you can click on the 'get help' button at the bottom of the screen. From here you can make a bill enquiry and and agent from Telstra will get back to you. 

Hope this has been helpful, have a great day Smiley Happy

I am a member of the Telstra Unwelcome Calls Team.
If you would like to contact us online: https://say.telstra.com.au/customer/general/forms/UNWELCOME-CALLS-INITIAL-ENQUIRY-FORM.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit