Ro51
Level 2: Rookie

Pre-paid recharge not connecting to paypal

Your recharge connection to paypal is not connecting.......... again recurring problem for the past 15years (look back through the forums).  Not sure what you've updated but this has dropped out again.

Please fix ASAP.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
JoJoH
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Pre-paid recharge not connecting to paypal

Are you trying to recharge via the App or website?

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Ro51

web (-inside my acc) but both go to the same place, connects to paypal but then rejects taking payment.   Previously it appears for some reason this process drops the payment if using over $100 recharges.  As I'm recharging $300.  is this happening again. ?????

Ro51

still happening actually gets to Paypal and returns -now ...  still won't process .                                                   Give 'error 76' choose a different payment method.        ??????????????????

Ro51

Still not solved........don't know who set it as solved??    Now doesn't process straight card payment either ...

Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

I've unmarked the post for you.

The "Accept as Solution" button is right next to the "Reply" button, so you may have accidentally selected that.

You may need to contact Telstra through their Twitter or Facebook accounts, call 132200 or use the online chat through the website or the My Telstra app to get the specifics of your problem investigated.

Nobody at Crowdsupport can access account information or billing systems, so other than offering suggestions on what you can do to try and fix it yourself, not much can be done.

Note: As a test, I have just paid my Telstra Bill (which was due in 2 days) using Paypal and it worked straight away, so it appears that it is a localised problem with your account. 

Update: I have just looked up the PayPal error codes, and error 76 is:

Declined - Contact Issuing Bank for Additional Details 76 Invalid Account   Unable to Process
There was a problem processing this payment, please use a different payment method.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Bardude76
Level 1: Cadet

Noticed the same issue. When trying to recharge with Paypal for $150 and $300 I get the message from them "We can't process your payment using your PayPal account right now. Please go back to the seller's website and try using a different payment method." Any of the smaller prepaid plans seem to go through fine.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit