TerriF
Level 1: Cadet

Priority Assistance

Answered

I am hereby publicly informing Telstra, it's employees and the general public that Telstra is in contravention of ACIF C609:2007 Priority Assistance for life-threatening medical conditions. My mother's landline was illegally disconnected without prior warning on October 5 and despite multiple phone calls warning Telstra of the consequences of my mother being unable to contact emergency services due to the life threatening nature of my brother's illness, her phone remains disconnected. 

I have the employee names and/or id numbers of the many people I have spoken to over the last few days during many hours of discussion, Telstra's admissions that the phone line should never have been disconnected and multiple promises of reconnection. I am hereby advising of my intention to have Telstra and it's associates formally charged with intentional neglect resulting in **bleep**, in the event that my brother dies as a result of inability to obtain emergency medical treatment. I have exhausted all other avenues of dealing with this issue.

TerriF

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DrQ
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: Priority Assistance

Hi TerriF,

As this is a public forum, unfortunately it isn't going to be the best way to get your situation resolved.

If the phone has been disconnected it should go to a soft dial tone and should still be able to be used for calls to telstra (132200) or to 000, so in an emergency it should still be able to be used for that.

One of the moderators may be able to help, however it would be quicker to speak to the complaints team specifically if you haven't done that yet, you can do it by phone, or via LiveChat - they details are here: https://telstra.com/complaints
Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
DrQ
Accepted Solution

Hi TerriF,

As this is a public forum, unfortunately it isn't going to be the best way to get your situation resolved.

If the phone has been disconnected it should go to a soft dial tone and should still be able to be used for calls to telstra (132200) or to 000, so in an emergency it should still be able to be used for that.

One of the moderators may be able to help, however it would be quicker to speak to the complaints team specifically if you haven't done that yet, you can do it by phone, or via LiveChat - they details are here: https://telstra.com/complaints
Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

View solution in original post

TerriF

I have spoken to them multiple times and am currently waiting for yet another promised call back

TerriF

It does not have a soft dial tone and NO calls can be made from it to telstra or anyone else. Nor can any calls be made to it as you just get a message that an invalid number has been dialled

DrQ

That is very strange. Is it by any chance in an nbn enabled area?
Helpful Links

Cspen
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi TerriF,

I'd like to assist you in having this resolved. Is the service still disconnected? Have anyone you spoke to about this been able to advise why it was cancelled initially? Do you happen to have the complaints reference number handy? If not, can you please fill out our webform:  www.telstra.com/24x7help and I'll have this looked into for you ASAP.

Thanks

- Cass.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Cspen
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi TerriF,

Just checking in whether you still need assistance with this?

- Cass.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit