Doc9
Level 1: Cadet

Promised bill credit missing

I need some advice - long story short I negotiated a credit to be applied to my account once the next bill thereafter issued and was advised to call and quote the reference number that I was given for the credit to be applied.  Fast forward to the whole COVID-19 stuff and now I can't contact anyone in Telstra (via the 132200 number) to do so.  Of course, in the meantime Telstra have direct debited my account for the original bill amount and I'm out of pocket a couple of hundred dollars.  I need a number or a means of contacting an actual person to resolve this.  Help greatly appreciated.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Promised bill credit missing

The number is 132200. There is no other method of contact other than lodging a complaint via https://telstra.com/complaints

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Doc9
Level 1: Cadet

Complaints it is then because I can't seem to get through to anyone - the call just terminates because they "can't help me at the moment" (or words to that effect)

DrQ
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

Just a heads up the complaints team take a week or so at the best of time but are taking longer at the moment as well. 

Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit