Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

reconnect my service

My service was suspended Fri morn, acct paid in full Fri 2.00pm, and it is Sat 8.00am and the service has not been reconnected.  I was told at the Telstra shop where I paid it will be 2 hrs, I have called 132200 and told it will take 2hrs, I have used the online 24hr support 'Codi' and told the 2hr - I used the phone and online service many times.  The 132200 will not allow me to speak with a support person. 

How do you get this reconnected?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 21: Augmented

Re: reconnect my service

Covid has nobbled almost all Telstra activity of late Smiley Sad

My own recent experience with getting services activated, was that it took 4 days to get a transferred eSIM to become active on the new device - but it DID happen eventually. And a nanoSIM service took 2 days... why? no idea but all the chats in the available time didn't fix it. In both cases I received an email advising it was now active. Note that the same tasks with Optus SIMs took 20 minutes..  

Sometime it helps to turn devices (especially) off for a while and let the network sense they are not online - maybe a half hour or more, then restart the phone and just let it start up, register on the network and wait for the activation to happen.

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit