Moccona70
Level 1: Cadet

Refund on final bill?? Nightmare!

Have changed my service provider. Had enough of Telstra’s pathetic and appalling customer service. Have been trying for FOUR weeks to get Telstra to refund me over $150 for which my account is in CREDIT. You’d think it would be straightforward? Wrong! I’ve spoken with more than 8 different people from Telstra and every single time, I’m told they can NOT refund me because I paid using BPay! What a crock! Today I phoned my bank about getting my money back from Telstra. Was told that BPAY charge ME $30 to get MY money back from Telstra AND that the whole process can take up to 8 weeks!! The bank was shocked that Telstra wouldn’t just refund me MY money, as it was the ‘right thing to do’ regardless of how I paid!!! I’m absolutely disgusted in Telstra and will NEVER return as a customer. I’ve since lodged a complaint with the Ombudsman but as we all know, this process can be tedious and long!! 😡😡😡😡

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Refund on final bill?? Nightmare!

What you have been told is absolute rubbish. The method by which you've paid your account has no bearing on getting a refund. If Telstra's system has been changed to restrict it in that manner, then they are in breach of the law. All they need to do is to send a cheque to you.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit