Level 1: Cadet

Require help from Telstra - incorrect charge on NBN plan after 9 months and still not fixed!

Answered
Hi Telstra,

This is regarding my current NBN bundle which includes the complimentary premium speed upgrade.  However, since March, I've been constantly charged an additional $30 for a “premium speed boost”, a cost which SHOULD NOT have occurred since the speed boost is already included in my plan.

After contacting Telstra via the mobile app, this additional charge was removed and I’ve been advised its a system error for this additional charge.  

I’ve been assured back in March that they have removed this error from our bill.  However, since March we keep getting this additional charge on our subsequent bills and I had to contact Telstra each time we get a new bill to get it amended and have the additional charge removed.  Each time, I was assured that the error has been fixed and that it shouldn’t occur again in our next bill.

During August 2020, we received a letter from Telstra stating that we are being moved to a new plan for $90/month, and we get to "keep our premium speed" (see letter attached). I was told that since we are moving to the new plan, we will no longer see the additional charge of $30 for a premium speed boost.

Unfortunately, until now - after 9 months (for the December bill), we are still getting this additional charge.  Its getting to a point where it seems like this error won’t get fixed and its becoming tedious (and also not feasible) with getting in touch every month indefinitely to get a bill fixed.  

Surely you can understand that this is a ridiculous situation and it just doesn't make sense that you can't fix such a simple error after 9 months. Therefore, I thought I'd get in touch and give Telstra the opportunity to rectify this issue before we decide to leave Telstra (after 11+ years) and go to another NBN service provider.

Thanks.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

Re: Require help from Telstra - incorrect charge on NBN plan after 9 months and still not fixed!

I think it's perfectly reasonable to lodge a complaint,

Below is a link to the Online form

https://say.telstra.com.au/customer/general/forms/Email-Complaint

Thank you

"BEING NICE TO OTHERS .. IS NICE"
If I have helped you, a "Like" would be appreciated.

If my advice is a solution, please acknowledge it.

I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. Expert in current Telstra Go repeaters & smart antennas.
"Being 76 years of age, entitles one to be an expert at everything!!"

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

Re: Require help from Telstra - incorrect charge on NBN plan after 9 months and still not fixed!

I think it's perfectly reasonable to lodge a complaint,

Below is a link to the Online form

https://say.telstra.com.au/customer/general/forms/Email-Complaint

Thank you

"BEING NICE TO OTHERS .. IS NICE"
If I have helped you, a "Like" would be appreciated.

If my advice is a solution, please acknowledge it.

I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. Expert in current Telstra Go repeaters & smart antennas.
"Being 76 years of age, entitles one to be an expert at everything!!"

View solution in original post

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit