Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Ripped off international data roaming on tablet

I have been informed there is no requirement for Telstra to notify me of International Roaming Data useage even if the charges are extra extraordinary to my usual account usage. I am talking $10,000 here !!
Unbeknownst to me a Galaxy Tab A that was part of a marketing gimmick was turned on overseas and I R Data charges quickly ran to thousands of dollars. I received no notification whatsoever that this was occurring. What despicable poor service from a telco in 2018. Ten years ago a $220 use of a Mastercard outside of the country had Commbank phoning me to verify the transaction was legitimate yet Telstra despite stating stating they will notify of data usage by SMS or email do no such thing when a device is turned on overseas.
I have had a gutful ! I have been a Telstra customer for most of the last forty years but will be looking for change. 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Re: Ripped off and blackmailed international data roaming on tablet

I would edit the last line but it is like the lack of notifications ; no such provision. What beats me is that notification is sent for my mobile phone but not for the Tab A.
It is like the Tab A is a Trojan Horse that I wish I had never been conned into accepting. Off to the Telecommunications Ombudsmen with this one. I cannot afford to fight them and they know it.
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Ripped off international data roaming on tablet

Hi hothotyogi,

Thanks for reaching out to us and I can appreciate your concern with international roaming use. In this particular case, I recommend speaking with our Billing team  http://tel.st/hsc3 who will be able to follow this up further with you or raise a formal complaint and your case manager will investigate this further Lodging a complaint with Telstra

- Tim 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit