Highlighted
Level 4: Private Eye

Rise in Telstra Plan costs

Good Morning,

I have received my July/August Telstra account with the following advise of a price rise.  When this was announced recently on Radio and TV it was stated that aged pensioners would not be affected, however this seems to have been forgotten.  Can anyone advise an update regarding this aspect of price rising of monthly plans.

thank you,

kind regards,

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"CHANGES TO OUR HOMELINE®PLAN PRICING.
In the coming weeks, we’ll be increasing prices on some of our HomeLine plans.
Starting on 1 October 2012, your HomeLine Plus line rental will rise by $2, to $33.95 per month.
In addition, the price of a local call will increase by 2c to 20c per call."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Learning each day

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 23: Superhero

Re: Rise in Telstra Plan costs

I heard about the rises, both in the media and also on the Telstra website. Nowhere did I see anything saying aged pensioners wouldn't also face the rise if they were on a plan that was impacted by the changes.

All I can suggest is ensuring that you are on the plan that best suits you usage needs, and making sure you have your details up-to-date to ensure you are receiving your Pensioner Discount.
If you've found a solution then don't forget to mark that post accordingly.
If you think I've been of assistance to you please remember to let me know by clicking on the LIKE button.

Please note: I am not a Telstra employee and any posts or opinions are entirely my own and don't reflect any official company position.
Highlighted
Level 4: Private Eye

Re: Rise in Telstra Plan costs

Thanks for your reply Kalak,

I may have been mistaken.  I guess it is like everything - prices going up all the time.

kind regards,

Learning each day

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit