CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Servicing WA

When is Telstra going to ensure that it provides services to WA until 5pm local time and not based on east coast time? I was very frustrated in not being about to complete a contract because the relevant section was closed on the east coast. Especially in summer, it becomes difficult.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Community Alumni (Retired)

Re: Servicing WA

I know contact centres are 24/7 for all that sort of stuff (There is a consumer call centre in Perth), however based on your post I'm assuming that you were in a retail store.

It really depends on the department. The main team I can think of are our Credit Management and Credit Check teams, who operate only in Melbourne and Brisbane (no Perth consultants). In the event this department isn't open, they should be able to submit the request and it will get actioned on the next business day.

B.

----------------------------

New Users - Click Here!

Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Yes. Your system had to migrate me because it is an old account. A national company should be able to service business hours coast to coast. On a Friday next business day is Monday.
Highlighted
Community Alumni (Retired)

@irfre wrote:
Yes. Your system had to migrate me because it is an old account. A national company. Should be able to service business hours coast to coast. On a Friday next business day is Monday.

To be honest, there aren't many consumer customers on the old billing platform and that team operates out of Melbourne, which is why the hours of operation are the way they are. They are also the only team who has that level of access to the system (the process is quite complex and difficult to understand, even for a consultant).

I can respect that we should be able to service coast to coast business hours, which is why we have 24/7 support for all Sales, Billing and Support queries. Its just not feasable to have to teach every consultant how to do everything (Including the Migrations you speak of).

B.

----------------------------

New Users - Click Here!

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit