NetworkNewbie
Level 2: Rookie

Status of Change of Ownership

Answered

Hi,

Quick background, I changed jobs and have taken (or want to) the old work mobile number and convert that to my personal mobile number.  I completed the Change of Ownership paperwork (with my former employer) and submitted it to Telstra on 21 August. I received a very brief email that day which contains a 10 digit number Telstra Reference Number.  The mobile still works, but I am not sure if the ownership and billing has been changed from my former employer to me personally.  When I ring 132200 the service directs me to filling in the paperwork and if I use the chat function, as it was a business mobile it operates as if I am the business and directs me to the Telstra App.

In short how can I tell if the mobile number has been transferred to me personally and I am being billed, or which way is the best way to contact Telstra to find out. As I suspect it has not been transferred yet, as I have not been asked what mobile plan to put the mobile on.

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: Status of Change of Ownership

Pop in store would be the quickest way.

Otherwise use the My Telstra app and don't log in, just go to the Get Help screen and click on the chat icon (blue icon, bottom right).

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Jupiter
Accepted Solution

Pop in store would be the quickest way.

Otherwise use the My Telstra app and don't log in, just go to the Get Help screen and click on the chat icon (blue icon, bottom right).

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

SteveW_52
Level 21: Augmented

Have you been given, or did you have before, a Telstra account?

If you have, you should be able to log in to that at  https://www.my.telstra.com.au/myaccount/home  or in the My Telstra app, then check what services you have assigned. If it isn't, then see if your previous employer has received any confirmations or advices.

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!
NetworkNewbie

Thanks Jupiter, would love to drop into the telstra store but being in Victoria I cannot really do that at present with covid.  will try the chat again.

NetworkNewbie

Thanks SteveW_52, I have a telstra account and if I click on the 'services' button at the bottom of the app the mobile is shown there (along with non, foxtel and home phone), but if I click on the 'payments' button and expand the 'account' section at the top of that screen the mobile is not shown there (only shows my foxtel, non and home phone).  So I am not sure what that means.

SteveW_52

I think it might mean that accounting/billing hasn't caught up yet  Smiley Happy  remember that Telstra have a reduced hamster pool at present, some things (ok most things) are taking longer to get actioned.

The fact the number shows in your services is a good sign I reckon..  you might need to wait a bit longer. If you haven't, you could try logging out/in of the  app, clearing the storage or even uninstalling and reinstalling..

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit