Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Suspension of services

Today has proven that Telstra do not look after their customers.
On the 3.10 I called and organised a payment arrangement. Today they decided that they were no longer happy with this arrangement and decided to suspend all our services. This being the case even though we are on a "medical priority" assistance. They didnt even bother to call us to tell us this was happening. We tried to call Telstra 5-6 times to get this resolved and no one was able to assist. They even suggested that we called this morning changing the payment arrangement. We then told them we hadn't and suggested out account details were hacked somehow. They are not willing to investigate what happened. All my services have been disconnected leaving me with no Internet or mobiles. What is the point of having Telstra as your provider when they just collect money off you and are not willing to assist. We are a high end user with substantial monthly bills with a lot of services.
This is quite poor customer service. Why does it take 6 calls to Telstra to find someone to help?? Each time we called they hadn't solutions and simply told us to fork out the whole overdue amount in order to be reconnected.

Their suggestion was " if you want service go and get a prepaid card at the Telstra shop". How rude!!

I just want to revert back to the payment extension that was orignally approved in the 3.10 and my services restored.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Suspension of services

Hey cvgarasi62,

Not the experience that we like to hear of at all and I do apologise that you have had the services suspended when there was a payment extension already in the system. This would have been completed by the Credit management team directly which is why there have been issues with having the services suspended before the payment agreement was completed. The only way to have this resolved is with the Credit Management team and they can be reached on 132200 (08:00 - 20:55 Mon - Fri and 08:00 - 19:00 Sat & Sun AEST) and saying 'Credit Management' when asked from the automated service.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Re: Suspension of services

Another great day with Telstra yesterday. We called Telstra and spoke to one of the customer service who spoke to her supervisor and received the approval to have our services reconnected.. She said it would take up to 24hours. I called later yesterday to confirm that it was still going ahead and I was told it was and that I had to be patient and wait. This morning I called again and was told the request had been denied and the services were not going to be connected. The case manager stated that no services were going to be restored unless the full overdue amount was paid!!! However, yesterday our payment arrangement was approved. So, I have been left with no choice but to seek advice from the ombudsman. It seems Telstra has become an outside Australia controlled company with non compassionate people. Maybe if they had Australian representation it would be easier to get in contact with someone in Australia and be able to contact them easier. As it is several times I have called and someone from outside has answered they have even in some cases hung up on me. How do you ever find them again. We are medical priority with completed forms from our doctor however this counts for nothing. Why make us fill in the forms then????? I cant make any outgoing calls from my landline to call in case of an emergency to call my wife or any family members. They have even bared outgoing calls on my mobile and restricted my internet to just about zero speed. I have a serious medical condition and find this treatment appalling. Its not like we haven't made any payments. We have been making continuous payments. However, I am sure they will still keep charging me the monthly usage allowance even though I have no connection!!! Not even their complaints department has even returned my call. Pathetic. We have called everyday to speak to someone to escalate and no one is willing to speak to us and sort this out. We made the mistake of having all our services with Telstra and now we are paying the price. They are the most non trusting provider I have ever been with. TELSTRA you need to review your processes and sort yourselves out. I hope for your sake that nothing medical happens as it will be on your hands.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit