Gold_Coast
Level 1: Cadet

Suspicious unauthorised Credit Card Charges from Telstra Prepaid

Hi,

I recently checked my Credit card activity and noticed there were 4 charges of $100 from Telstra prepaid over a period of about 5 days. I am not with Telstra prepaid and the charges are unauthorised.

The card has since been cancelled but is there a way to find out who has charged my card? Prepaid sim cards need to be activated using a driver’s license so Telstra should have a record of this.

Any information of who I need to contact would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Steph
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Suspicious unauthorised Credit Card Charges from Telstra Prepaid

Hi Gold_Coast, 

Telstra aren't able to supply you with that type of information sorry - due to the risk of retaliation or harm coming to the other party.

However if you report the issue to the Police, any information we hold can be given to them, and if you've reported it to your bank, it'll be investigated with your bank and appropriate action taken against the party that's committed the fraud.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

yassse
Level 1: Cadet

Re: Suspicious unauthorised Credit Card Charges from Telstra Prepaid

Hi All,

The something happened to me too. My debit card has been cancelled. Should I contact with Telstra as well ?

Thanks

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit