pissedoffmore
Level 1: Cadet

talk to me

Answered

my father has passed away and he was over charged, there is no way to talk to anyone to fix it because the online account is closed

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SteveW_52
Level 21: Augmented
Accepted Solution

Re: talk to me

Sorry to read of your situation..

Unfortunately, most contributors here on CrowdSupport are customers just like you, trying to assist other Telstra users with their problem. Most of us don't have access for account related matters, so unless a sympathetic 'real' Telstra person notices this message and redirects it or actions directly themselves, you might not get any real help here.

Painful as it is, the mobile My Telstra app is probably your best bet - once you are in there select the Get Help option and then the blue chat icon - Codi the chat bot can be unfriendly and unhelpful..  you might get around Codi bay asking to talk to a representative/human etc. I have also managed it by going through the Sales track until I get to a person, then apologise for getting there by mistake  Smiley Wink

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
SteveW_52
Accepted Solution

Sorry to read of your situation..

Unfortunately, most contributors here on CrowdSupport are customers just like you, trying to assist other Telstra users with their problem. Most of us don't have access for account related matters, so unless a sympathetic 'real' Telstra person notices this message and redirects it or actions directly themselves, you might not get any real help here.

Painful as it is, the mobile My Telstra app is probably your best bet - once you are in there select the Get Help option and then the blue chat icon - Codi the chat bot can be unfriendly and unhelpful..  you might get around Codi bay asking to talk to a representative/human etc. I have also managed it by going through the Sales track until I get to a person, then apologise for getting there by mistake  Smiley Wink

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!

View solution in original post

pissedoffmore
Level 1: Cadet

thank you for the reply, unfortunately the app does not work because the account is closed. i will try the sales option and as a disabled person if that does not work

Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

You don't need to be logged in to the app to be able to use the chat function.

Also, you might get a quicker response if you ask for Bereavements. They are usually pretty good at getting issues with deceased estates sorted.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit