cofl
Level 2: Rookie

Telstra doesn't want me as a customer...

So incredibly frustrating trying to give Telstra my business.

I tried to sign up with Telstra mobile, through JB Hifi. It didn't work, it said i need to call PACC - Pre approval Credit Check i believe that is. Thing is you can't actually call them.

Keep in mind i previously had Foxtel for over 2 years and other services before that with Telstra.

So i contacted Telstra trying to find out what the issue was, and was told no defaults, nor anything outstanding on any previous accounts.

So then i spoke to sales and he kept trying to sign me up, saying then PACC would process it. I explained i wasn't going to be signing anything directly with Telstra, JB had a much better deal - on Telstra. All i wanted to know was what's the issue and fix it so i can sign with JB. Finally the sales guy spoke to credit and they said everything was clear.

Later that day off i trundled to JB. Lo and behold the same issue, they couldn't sign me up. Call PACC was the advisory. That's all well and good if you actually could!!!

So i am left unable to sign up with Telstra, unless i do it directly with them, which i am not wanting to do.

I think the issue could be that 18 months ago a store salesperson in Victoria, keeping in mind i'm in WA, signed somebody else up under my name! Yes, i only found out when i got a text advising my new number was set-up. That was a whole another saga, that i had to get to the bottom of. At the end of it all i got an email from the Telstra rep telling me to be more careful with my personal data!!!!! Oh and they offered my 10Gb free data for the massive inconvenience and stress only after i asked what they would do to compensate for the fraudulent use of my personal data. I had no phone service them Telstra so what good was that?

SO, this just seems like another massive mess up on Telstra's behalf.
Maybe it's better i can't sign up...

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
10 REPLIES 10
cofl

Telstra doesn't want me, sign-up impossible

So incredibly frustrating trying to give Telstra my business.

I tried to sign up with Telstra mobile, through JB Hifi. It didn't work, it said i need to call PACC - Pre approval Credit Check i believe that is. Thing is you can't actually call them.

Keep in mind i previously had Foxtel for over 2 years and other services before that with Telstra.

So i contacted Telstra trying to find out what the issue was, and was told no defaults, nor anything outstanding on any previous accounts.

So then i spoke to sales and he kept trying to sign me up, saying then PACC would process it. I explained i wasn't going to be signing anything directly with Telstra, JB had a much better deal - on Telstra. All i wanted to know was what's the issue and fix it so i can sign with JB. Finally the sales guy spoke to credit and they said everything was clear.

Later that day off i trundled to JB. Lo and behold the same issue, they couldn't sign me up. Call PACC was the advisory. That's all well and good if you actually could!!!

So i am left unable to sign up with Telstra, unless i do it directly with them, which i am not wanting to do.

I think the issue could be that 18 months ago a store salesperson in Victoria, keeping in mind i'm in WA, signed somebody else up under my name! Yes, i only found out when i got a text advising my new number was set-up. That was a whole another saga, that i had to get to the bottom of. At the end of it all i got an email from the Telstra rep telling me to be more careful with my personal data!!!!! Oh and they offered my 10Gb free data for the massive inconvenience and stress only after i asked what they would do to compensate for the fraudulent use of my personal data. I had no phone service them Telstra so what good was that?

SO, this just seems like another massive mess up on Telstra's behalf.
Maybe it's better i can't sign up...

Dowser
Level 22: Superhuman

Re: Telstra doesn't want me as a customer...

You could submit a help request with JB HI-FI so they can investigate the issue.

cofl

Thanks.

Ultimately i see it's Telstra that need to resolve it though.

The guy at JB was great in trying all he could to find out what was causing it.

I've always paid my bills etc. so there should be no reason i have to go through this.

Dowser

I understand your point, but the issue needs investigation & a front end salesperson may not have the time or resources to do that.

Nobody in CrowdSupport has access to your account details.

cofl

Agreed.

Incredibly frustrating to actually get through to someone that can help though.

Maybe someone will see this from within the behemoth that is Telstra and investigate!

Angela_H
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Telstra doesn't want me, sign-up impossible

Hey cofl,

I thought I'd jump in as the crowd hasn't replied as yet.

Regarding contacting PACC, they can override an order that's in place so if you can get JB to put the order through to a pending status that will help (I'm not sure how things work at their end)

Let me know how you get on.

Angela 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Firebird82
Support Team
Support Team

Hi Cofl, What a confusing debacle! If you would like to send us a PM so I can see if I can decipher what is going on and hopefully rectify the situation?

Firebird82
Support Team
Support Team

Hey Cofl, Just following up on Angela's msg to see how you got on? Hoping everything is sorted. 

Dowser

Just letting you know that the OP has a parallel thread in existence.

Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

@Dowser fixed the parallel thread problem.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit