Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Telstra support is woeful - trying to change mum's ownership to mine, has been months

I'm so disappointed with Telstra. My elderly mother has a terminal illness, so I've been trying to get her internet, mobile and landline ownership changed into my name so there's one less hassle in her life to deal with. Unfortunately she lives in Perth, while I live in Melbourne, so I couldn't visit a store with her. I tried for weeks to get hold of a customer rep on the phone or via chat, to no avail. So she went to a store in Perth to get it done, and asked them to call me while she was there so we could my part of it over the phone. When she was there, the guy in the store called and then told me that it was too difficult for him to do in-store, and that I should fill out the forms he'd send me. So mum went home, with problem not solved. A few days later I get the forms, and as soon as I open it, it says my mum needs to show ID and sign the forms. THIS IS WHY SHE VISITED THE STORE! She doesn't know how to print and scan a document, and her carer can't do it for her. 

Anyways, after getting friends and family to do it, I sent the forms off a week ago - no reply. 

I'm over it - if I don't hear from Telstra by the end of this week, I'm cancelling all services with them, which is 2 x mobiles, 1 x internet and 1 x phone, and moving to a company that actually responds to customer support requests, rather than using an infuriating chat both that is useless. This forum post is the last thing I can do to try to get some customer support, but if it's like the rest of the debacle that has been the previous few months, I'm no longer a Telstra customer. 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Re: Telstra support is woeful - trying to change mum's ownership to mine, has been months

Still haven't heard a thing from Telstra. They've also taken over 5 weeks to respond to a number changeover (switching mum's landline to free VOIP phone with Aussie Broadband).

And on that note, neither of us will be Telstra customers for much longer. As soon as the number change happens, I'm cancelling all of our services. Thanks Telstra! 

Highlighted
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Telstra support is woeful - trying to change mum's ownership to mine, has been months

It normally take 7 business days for a Change of ownership to be processed. So if you sent it last Monday, then they should have received it by Thursday (as AusPost is rather slow at the moment - took 4 days for a letter to get from Melbourne to 130km east of Melbourne last week), which would make the 7 business days next Monday.

Note: there are also delays within Telstra due to reduced Staffing, which could add another week or so to the processing time.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit