Blacky28247891
Level 2: Rookie

TELSTRA TRADE-IN PROGRAM FOR A CREDIT ON YOUR BILL

Hi.

Some time ago I signed up online with Telstra's Trade-in your mobile phone program.

I completed the paperwork online and was advised that I would be sent an email with further instructions.

The Mobile Phone that I wanted to trade-in was accepted and I was offered a $70 Credit on my bill, provided the phone that I sent in was as described in the initial application.

It has been weeks now and I haven't received any emails relating to this, so I'm not sure what to do.

I tried re-submitting my application with the IMEI Number, but it says that this has already been submitted previously.

I have tried Telstra Messaging several times - and Yes no help whatsoever.

Hoping someone here can help me please?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
ProfessorPhone
Level 23: Superhero

Re: TELSTRA TRADE-IN PROGRAM FOR A CREDIT ON YOUR BILL

This is a logistically "messy" program that Telstra instituted.

Telstra use a 3rd party company to buy the used phones and handle the logistics.

When another person here a few months ago similarly complained, I read the fine print and it says it takes about 2 bills for the credit to show. That's why the credit is applied to your account,  than directly against the cost of the new phone.

Your situation is further complicated by Telstra's current digitisation of their customer "service" which is a separate issue.

You have the option of raising a complaint, which seems reasonable.

https://www.telstra.com.au/contact-us/feedback-complaints/make-a-complaint

"BEING NICE TO OTHERS .. IS NICE"
If I have helped you, a "Like" would be appreciated.

If my advice is a solution, please acknowledge it.

I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. Expert in current Telstra Go repeaters & smart antennas.
"Being 76 years of age, entitles one to be an expert at everything!!"
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

You should have either received an email containing a barcode for an eParcel (ie you take the phone and the barcode to Australia Post and they handle it for you) or a satchel. If you were to receive a satchel, you should have received an SMS when it was dispatched.

The only options for enquiring about it are by calling 132200 or by sending a message by either:

• the My Telstra app on your mobile
  • logging into your account via the telstra.com.au website

and then go to the Get Help tab and click on the blue icon at the bottom of the screen (labelled Message Us on the website, icon only on app). If the bot doesn't understand the query, type "Speak to a consultant" and you should be transferred to the queue to chat with a human. It can take a few hours to get an initial response. If you use the app, you will get a notification on your mobile when someone responds.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Blacky28247891

Thanks for your replies .....

I thought that I was supposed to receive an email/SMS with further details as to how to lodge my phone at the Post office - but it never came.

I have tried several times with ringing Telstra (Now you are asked to "Please press ......" and eventually you end up being asked to use their messaging system.

I have also tried their messaging service a couple of times, but nobody seems to know about this program, and instead they think that you want to trade-in your phone for another phone on a telstra deal. They seem pretty much programmed to Sell you something ......

Unlike most other programs - there is no contact point, either phone/email to get help.

ProfessorPhone
Level 23: Superhero

Just clarifying... the program is all under the Telstra  "banner"

I only mentioned the reasons for the slowness, being another company involved.,..... but the whole process should be transparent as Telstra. Much the same that many Telstra processes and services are outsourced.

"BEING NICE TO OTHERS .. IS NICE"
If I have helped you, a "Like" would be appreciated.

If my advice is a solution, please acknowledge it.

I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. Expert in current Telstra Go repeaters & smart antennas.
"Being 76 years of age, entitles one to be an expert at everything!!"
Blacky28247891

Your response is very much appreciated!!

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit