Client123
Level 1: Cadet

Terrible Messaging System and WRONG BILL

As a long time Telstra customer I have to say the Telstra Messaging System to resolve issue is 1000% rubbish. I left Telstra and transferred all my service (landline and internet) to Optus. I notified Telstra and screen captured the conversation as I know you telstra will FORGET. Well, a new bill come in and charged me for a service plan I have never SIGNED AND USED. Tried to contact them over the phone, again being given a link for texting the issue. Waited for a long time and there is no HUMAN. "We are focusing on helping essential service", what a fantastic excuse, you Telstra is trying to save the money right! All other suppliers has people to call you back to resolve the issue and THEY ARE ALSO HELPING THE ESSENTIAL SERVICE! The system also will not help our senior citizen as they barely use their MOBILE and will get lost with your complex instructions from your assistant "CODI". Telstra, the giant telco in Australia is FALLEN.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Terrible Messaging System and WRONG BILL

Well, if you are not a Telstra customer, then they aren't going to view your bill query as a critical issue.

To contact Telstra at this time, the best method is to send a message using the My Telstra app on your mobile (blue icon, bottom right of Get Help screen) and if Codi redirects you, type "Speak to a consultant" and you should be transferred to the queue to chat with a human. It may take a few hours to get an initial response (generally 7am to 8pm AEDT Mon-Fri) and you will receive a notification through the appo when a consultant responds.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
taoofmaths
Level 2: Rookie

I’m currently in the middle of a chat with humans and it’s been about 20 hours since they said “I’ll look into this and get back to you”. In the meantime my attempt to leave additional messages are “not able to be sent”. Client 123 is correct. Telstra have totally dropped the ball. 

Jupiter

You may need to reinstall the app if it is having problems connecting. The previous chat should still be there after reinstallation as it is loaded from the server.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
taoofmaths
Level 2: Rookie

Well, Jupiter, I took your advice, and of course, the previous chat was NO LONGER available. 

Of course, that correspondence is now gone, and with it, the evidence of the LACK of support of Telstra staff.

Just noting this here in case someone else wants to follow your advice.

Jupiter

The chat should reload if you are logged in using your Telstra ID. I've had to reinstall the app twice and the chat history reloads (it even appears on my tablet when I have been using my phone for chat).

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit