CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Transfer from Telstra to Vodafone

I just want to vent out my frustration with Telstra and ask if anyone experienced this before.  A few months back, 3 members of our family moved from Vodafone to Telstra.  Bought Telstra SIM cards, called to activate and voila, in a few minutes we were out of Vodafone and using Telstra, using the same Vodfaone numbers.   Because Telstra is more expensive with less minutes and data, we decided to move back to Vodafone.  Since I had the fewest data left, I decided to make the move first – went to a Vodafone shop and bought a SIM.  Teller activated the SIM. 

Problem was, the Telstra account was not in my name, so it had to be transferred to my husband’s name to mine.  This is where the tedious trek starts:

25/02, Wednesday – Husband called to request that the prepaid account be transferred from his name to mine, they told us to fill out the form and submit.

26/02, Thursday – completed the form and submitted to Telstra via email (in the application form, it says: either scan and email, fax or visit the store, so we chose the easiest one for us – we emailed it to them.)

27/02, Friday – called Vodafone for the port request (to transfer my number to my new Vodafone SIM) and they said it was again rejected by Telstra, because of the birth date.  Clearly, Telstra account was still in my husband’s name since the Telstra account has a different birth date. 

Talked to Telstra again, customer service said “I can see that it has been transferred to your name”,  so the person confirmed that I can request to Vodafone again.  Vodafone does the request and gets rejected again!  I talked to 5 different Telstra customer service representatives, who speak in long, scripted, useless words, all have said that it has been transferred.  WTH???  Why can’t they see if the account is under my name or not???  How difficult can it be?

One person even said that it should have been sent to the store and not email (but why would they include email in the options if it wasn't going to do the job?), but one of the store persons I called said it was better to email because if I send it to the store, they will just email it to the same address. (What is it, really?!)

Anyway, the last person I talked to at 3pm last Friday asked to confirm with my husband if he agrees with the transfer.  Husband agreed to talk to the person, even if we have the application sent the previous day.  She confirmed if I was sure because I still have bonus data and I said yes (thinking that it will be transferred that same day) but she said that it will take 24 hours to transfer and that the previous person was not able to “do it correctly”.  WHAT???!!!  Aren’t they trained to do this?  Anyway, I agreed, hoping I would be with Vodafone next day.

28/02, Saturday – Before requesting Vodafone for the transfer, just to confirm if the account was already in my name, I called Telstra again only to know that it wasn’t transferred, even after 24 hours!!!  The Telstra person even suggested, why don’t I just give my husband’s birth date just to be able to transfer the account from Telstra to Voda since they only look at the birth date.  I said I doubt if Vodafone will do that and asked her, do you do that (ie., putting a false date just to proceed with the transfer) and she said they do sometimes.  OMG!  Anyway, after spending  more than an hour being on hold and back to the Telstra port person, I was transferred to another person who requested to speak with my husband to confirm if he agrees with the transfer (AGAIN!!!).  After talking to my husband, she said that the transfer will take place in 24 hours (AGAIN!).  I received an email saying that they received a request for transfer but can’t be done because there was no number indicated (WHAT???).  After 15 minutes, the same person emailed me again saying that the transfer has been made and that the account is now in my name.  HALLELUIA!!! 

But that’s not the end…

02/03, Monday – called Vodafone at 8am for the port request again and it WAS REJECTED AGAIN!!!  Called Telstra and said that it was not in my name and that they have to do it all over again.  WHATTTT????  Spent almost an hour on the phone just to hear the “GOOD” news that I need to wait another 24 hours for my account to be transferred, saying that the person who did it on Saturday wrongly closed the job – at this point I wanted to take all the bad words I know and curse Telstra!!!  But being civilized person that I am, I tried to be calm and accepted the apology of the person on the line.  Now she gave me a new job number to look out for, as someone will email me with this number within 24-48 hours!!!  OMG!!!

AT 11am today, my husband received a call from Telstra saying that they  have a system problem and that they are not sure if our request will be completed today.

Now I still have to stay in my Telstra line even without credit, because this is what I put in my resume (and looking for a better opportunity this time) and this is what all my friends know.  I don’t want to further confuse people if I inform them of my temporary number and move back to the old one.

Minutes to transfer from other provider to Telstra, but getting out of Telstra will take a century!  Very frustrating!  

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Transfer from Telstra to Vodafone

hi Miche11e 

This is certainly a long and very ongoing saga for you. 

As you are finding out, when a service is transferred from one provider to another, the details of the account needs to identically match. I am unsure why the updating of your details is causing so much of an issue. 

If you haven't had a successful result by Close of Business today (Tuesday), please come back to this post and let me know so I can organise to chase this up for you,.

I am really sorry for the inconvenience and am hoping that this will be resolved for you today. 

Regards 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Hi Lindy,

It has been fixed, however, no one emailed me that it was fixed, like what the last Telstra person I talked to told me.  I just discovered that it was transferred to my account when I called Vodafone for the port request and it was successful.  

Stressful, but I'm relieved having a working phone again - after 4 days of not being able to use it because Telstra removed all credit and bonus data!

Goodluck Telstra users!

Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Thanks for the update Miche11e and glad that the porting of the handset has been completed Smiley Happy

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit