Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Transfer ownership of a mobile service, not the whole account

Answered

My son is now 21 and still has a mobile phone in my account, for which I pay.

Can I migrate his mobile service to his own Telstra account whilst leaving the remaining mobiles (of which there are 3) in my account.

I don't want to change ownership of the whole account, which most of the help seems to be driving at.

Any links to a process I can follow? Trying to call and actually talk to someone seems to be impossible nowadays.

...Lyall
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: Transfer ownership of a mobile service, not the whole account

It would still use the same change of ownership process, just that you would do it for a service not for an account. The change of ownership form has both options on it. 

you would just list the specific service number(s) applicable instead of account number(s) in the service to transfer part. 

https://www.telstra.com.au/content/dam/tcom/personal/support/pdf/accounts-billing/change-of-ownershi...

Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Re: Transfer ownership of a mobile service, not the whole account

It would still use the same change of ownership process, just that you would do it for a service not for an account. The change of ownership form has both options on it. 

you would just list the specific service number(s) applicable instead of account number(s) in the service to transfer part. 

https://www.telstra.com.au/content/dam/tcom/personal/support/pdf/accounts-billing/change-of-ownershi...

Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

View solution in original post

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit