2sillysausages1
Level 1: Cadet

Unauthorised charge on credit card

I have noticed a $20 charge on my credit card for two consecutive months. Details: Telstra Melbourne with the last 4 digit of my credit card. Despite numerous called to Telstra and getting the run around I have had little success in findin gout what this is for. FYi - I have NOT subscribed to an NRL/AFL service I do not have a Telstra pre paid mobile I did recently purchase a prepaid Telstra Data SIM for for my IPad however I paid for a $50 recharge only. I have never received any correspondence from Telstra regarding these withdrawals which appear to be an auto withdrawal per month. After spending most of yesterday on being dodged by Telstra I was given a number to call 1800 008 031. I have spent 3 hours listening to a message telling me all available operators are busy attending to other customer, please stay on the line and your call will be answered by the next available operator. Any suggestions on what I do now apart from calling my bank and reporting the charge? Cheers

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
JesseH
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Unauthorised charge on credit card

Hey 2sillysausages1, 

I'm sorry for the delay in getting back to you. 

Have you been able to get this resolved with our billing team? If not, I'm more than happy to help look into what the charges are from - let me know. 

Jesse

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit