Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

unauthorised charges

I used to be a business customer. Since moving carrier in May 2020 (5 months ago), my credit card is being charged randomly by Telstra for odd amounts despite my not having an account. The latest event was 2 debits of small amounts two days ago.

When I rang (again), I got diverted to a texting service. As I type this, I am waiting for a result on this but I suspect the helpdesk is handling multiple texts at the same time as there is a long wait between responses. Even more frustrating.

I'm going round in circles, not getting anywhere.

Telstra should not be able to debit my card in this way.

I want them to stop charging my card and to remove it from their records - what do you reckon my chances are? Buckleys?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Re: unauthorised charges

Forget about Telstra helping you.  There isn't any real people in Australia to help you. Your choice is a a Filipino working in their little house at home (if there any of them left employed) or that ridiculous Codi.  Best way is cancel your card with the Bank and get issued a new card.  Good luck

@Frustrated2020_ wrote:

I used to be a business customer. Since moving carrier in May 2020 (5 months ago), my credit card is being charged randomly by Telstra for odd amounts despite my not having an account. The latest event was 2 debits of small amounts two days ago.

When I rang (again), I got diverted to a texting service. As I type this, I am waiting for a result on this but I suspect the helpdesk is handling multiple texts at the same time as there is a long wait between responses. Even more frustrating.

I'm going round in circles, not getting anywhere.

Telstra should not be able to debit my card in this way.

I want them to stop charging my card and to remove it from their records - what do you reckon my chances are? Buckleys?

Highlighted
Level 22: Superhuman

Hi @Frustrated2020_ 

Telstra will refund any deductions taken, so that isn't a problem.

Since your not getting anywhere with support I would make a complaint via https://tel.st/4amxg 

It used to take 5 business days, pre covid, to have a complaints manager assigned, so not sure of the current time frame. Keep all correspondence in case you need to take it to the TIO.

Alternatively, when you call 13 22 00 you can say "complaint" to the bot lady and see how you go.

Personally, I would've canceled my credit card months back and got a new one issued.

Someone keeps putting vegetables in my beer crisper
Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Thanks for the link. I gave it a go, but the webpage requires me to put in my account number and what service (mobile/internet/landline) is being queried before it will move forward. And I don't have an account, nor any service.

In fact 'service' seems to be entirely a mystery to Telstra...

Highlighted

@Frustrated2020_ wrote:

Thanks for the link. I gave it a go, but the webpage requires me to put in my account number and what service (mobile/internet/landline) is being queried before it will move forward. And I don't have an account, nor any service.

In fact 'service' seems to be entirely a mystery to Telstra...

Hi @Frustrated2020_ 

Do you have any past bills with those details on it?

Someone keeps putting vegetables in my beer crisper

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit