CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Unknown charges

Answered

Since last week I noticed a 95c bill charge to my account. Looking through this community, there are similar problem and the fix is to ring Telstra to resolve the situation. Ring Telstra is useless now because they only handle emergency cases and the AI just terminate my call in the age of covid19. Stealing your money apparently is not Telstra emergency case.

I used to see this 95c charge on my old Telstra app. But since updating to the latest Telstra app it doesn't show it. Only show my account balance diminishing by 95c everyday and nothing on call, data, message record. So how can I fix this problem? Hopefully before my account is drain of credits.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Re: Unknown charges

Despite the lockdown, I walked into a Telstra store. I was informed there was a premium subscription on my account but a couple of strange events

1. It doesn't record on any call, msg, data charges

2. Had no record of subscription

3. Telstra shop personnel couldn't tell me what it was or who

So I have that subscription removed now.

My concern is, how I my account get a subscription that I have no knowledge about, no recorded transaction and no recorded deduction except diminishing credit balance.

Sounds like a perfect time for some rogue entity to mass you up knowing support is limited at this time. I recalled many years ago I disabled premium content on my account apparently either that didn't work or got reset somehow. I resubmitted a please disable premium content again through the online web forms just in case. Hopefully I never get this problem again.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Hi @dapain

Thank you for your post, my apologies for any issues you're experiencing. 

Unfortunately no one on CrowdSupport has access to your account to look into any excess billing charges.

You will need to contact 13 22 00, there may currently be some delays as you have noted our call centre's have been impacted due to COVID 19. 

Telstra contact centres are prioritising our customer service calls to ensure critical requests for support are responded to.

You can also find more info about how Telstra are helping customers here: https://tel.st/jlfjz

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted
Level 19: Deputy Director
Level 19: Deputy Director

Having your account reduce by $0.95 every single day seems particularly strange as all charges from Telstra are collated into a monthly bill. Does this $0.95 appear on the bill alongside a description of the charge by any chance?

While I am a Telstra employee, I am not an official Telstra representative on CrowdSupport. My opinions are my own and do not necessarily represent those of Telstra.
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Despite the lockdown, I walked into a Telstra store. I was informed there was a premium subscription on my account but a couple of strange events

1. It doesn't record on any call, msg, data charges

2. Had no record of subscription

3. Telstra shop personnel couldn't tell me what it was or who

So I have that subscription removed now.

My concern is, how I my account get a subscription that I have no knowledge about, no recorded transaction and no recorded deduction except diminishing credit balance.

Sounds like a perfect time for some rogue entity to mass you up knowing support is limited at this time. I recalled many years ago I disabled premium content on my account apparently either that didn't work or got reset somehow. I resubmitted a please disable premium content again through the online web forms just in case. Hopefully I never get this problem again.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

How do we get an answer?. A Current Affair, 2GB Alan and Ray, Telstra is an outright monopoly. Stealing our money without explanation, or even the ability to question your bill. Covid-19 my rear end... This co-tell is corrupt and forcing people to become robots with their lack of customer service. Please let me know if you agree, and more importantly have you had your bill reduced to normal, and if so how?

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit