Dtrain2
Level 1: Cadet

'Upgrade' to Upfront Plan and direct debit

We have just been 'upgraded' to an 'Upfront Plan' after having a 'normal' account for many years. currently we are living/travelling in Europe and rely on our Telstra phones for roaming connections.

we have always had a post pay account, but when it was originally set up, the Direct Debit option never worked. after receiving a few 'late payment' notices i just kept paying in advance as the bill arrived.

with the new 'Upfront' plan the Direct Debit is still active and still faulty. i have tried on 4 separate occasions to update the Direct Debit. but i continue to get a 

'Sorry, an unexpected error has occurred and we're not able to process your request at this time. Please try again later.'

i know this is going to come back to haunt us and i want to resolve it before it gets out of hand. like i said, we need the 'Roaming' connection while we are travelling. 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: 'Upgrade' to Upfront Plan and direct debit

You will need to contact Telstra to try an get it fixed. Nobody at Crowdsupport has access to account information or billing systems.

Call +61 439 125 109 (from your Telstra mobile - it's a free call) or use the chat function in the My Telstra app, My Telstra through the website (both from the Get Help screen) or through the Telstra Twitter or Facebook accounts.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit