SameSpatula
Level 2: Rookie

Usage history - missing logs?

Answered

Hi

I noticed in my usage history (when logging on my account via Telstra website) that there are missing logs of calls and texts that I did, sometimes it's a few days missing entirely, i.e. there are texts sent on 21.04 and nothing until today, which is not true. How is that possible?

Cheers

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SameSpatula
Accepted Solution

Re: Usage history - missing logs?

@MattyC 

I've checked 3 months worth of logs and they all look ok. Thanks

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
9 REPLIES 9
Angela_H
Support Team
Support Team

Hi SameSpatula,

Are you referring to a bill that's been printed or one that's waiting to come through? The one waiting to come through could be missing info now but it should all be there by the time the bill processes.

Angela 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

SameSpatula

Hi Angela

Not sure what are you asking about. I don't print the logs, but I like checking them from time to time (I log in on the website and go to "Usage history" and for example "Messages"). I get what you are saying that at the end of billing period they are all right, but that would mean I can never rely on mid-period logs? Do you have any idea, why they are missing, and why so randomly (e.g. I can see 19.04 but not 20, I see 21 but not 22 or 23, I can see 24 and then today, nothing in between)?

Cheers

MattyC
Support Team
Support Team

Excellent question. Were the unlogged messages all to the same number? Is there a chance you're on an iphone and some are being sent via imessage, or some other data based messaging option? - Matthew. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

SameSpatula

Hi Matthew

No, they are not all the same number, and no, I don't have an iPhone, and yes, I am using data-based messengers, but in this case, it's just plain text (SMS) service.

Cheers 

MattyC
Support Team
Support Team

Thanks. Previous months, do those logs match what your handset records? (Do the logs catch up eventually, or do they stay wrong long term?) - Matthew. 

Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

If you are using a newer (S9 or newer) Samsung (and most other Android phones using Android 10 or 11), then if the message is sent via RCS (Chat), which is the standard method these days, then it won't show up in your usage. This month, I have sent around 200 messages through the messaging app on my phone. Only 16 of those message (which show up in green bubbles instead of blue) show up in the recent usage list as they are the only ones that were sent via the SMS system. The rest were sent via the RCS server.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
SameSpatula

I'd have to check those, thanks!

SameSpatula

All my outgoing messages appear as green bubbles.

SameSpatula
Accepted Solution

@MattyC 

I've checked 3 months worth of logs and they all look ok. Thanks

View solution in original post

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit