Level 1: Cadet

Why did my Bill suddenly go up $5 in the middle of my contract?

Answered

Hi,

I've tried contacting Telstra, but none of their links seem to be working.
I just received my monthly Bill and it has gone up $5 for no reason that I can find. 
I only got the plan in April, and have paid the same monthly amount, up until this month.

I can't find an email I've missed saying that anything has changed, and I can't get hold on anyone at Telstra to look at my bill and talk to me about it.

Any ideas anyone?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 21: Augmented
Accepted Solution

Re: Why did my Bill suddenly go up $5 in the middle of my contract?

This is pretty much a Telstra wide change to the plan as part of rationalisation of available plans across the board. Emails were sent out to notify users a while ago and are the reason for many posts in this forum about it. On the plus side you get more data, but not everyone needs or uses extra data.

All Telstra personal plans are month to month now, you only enter into a term contract for device repayments in most cases.

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Level 21: Augmented
Accepted Solution

Re: Why did my Bill suddenly go up $5 in the middle of my contract?

This is pretty much a Telstra wide change to the plan as part of rationalisation of available plans across the board. Emails were sent out to notify users a while ago and are the reason for many posts in this forum about it. On the plus side you get more data, but not everyone needs or uses extra data.

All Telstra personal plans are month to month now, you only enter into a term contract for device repayments in most cases.

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!

View solution in original post

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit