Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Why is my wife's mobile still disconnected ?

*EDIT: Removed personal details for security reasons*

Here is the background story...
My wife and I both have a mobile phone, they were once on the same bill and all was fine. I paid $20 or so a week via B-pay and everything was good.

Then at some stage (Late 2010 according to someone in the offshore shame call centre) My wife's number was "transferred" onto a different billing system (Business area we've been told).
I kept paying my B-pay and all worked OK then at some stage last year my wife's phone gets disconnected.
I call up and the hard to understand call centre employee tells me this is due to none payment...WTF I say and explain how its a joint account with 2 numbers and I pay each week etc etc etc and then I get told that NO this isn't the case and my wife phone is on a separate system and we haven't seen a bill for it for over a year Blah blah blah etc
Now I get a bit pissed off with this and ask who, what, when, where, why was this done..They don't know and someone will call back.

A man called and stated that he cant talk to me as I am NOT authorised to discuss HER account etc etc confidentiality etc.... This gets sorted out and I am allowed to see hers and she can see mine and all was supposed to be fixed.... This was NOV 11 or so..we were told that any fees would be waived due to THEIR stuff up...

Then 2 weeks ago my wife's phone is AGAIN disconnected for non payment and it still isn't on the same account as mine and it has been reported several times to several people and its STILL NOT FIXED ????

WTF are you incompetent people doing 
I have been on hold for hours and spoken to several people and nothing is done.
If you cant fix it then just let us know and we will go to a different carrier..

If you can fix it then why isn't it done ?

Does anyone take responsibility at Telstra and actually DO anything or just buck pass???
Are you even going to bother trying ?
Mobile numbers are Mine ***-***-*** and wife's ****-***-***....
No more payments until this is fixed.... 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
7 REPLIES 7
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Why is my wife's mobile still disconnected ?

Heya Woofski,

Welcome to CrowdSupport, I am sorry that it has taken a rather frustrating situation to seek out help within our forum. Smiley Sad

Please accept my sincerest apologies for the experience you have had thus far and can definitely understand that you would like the matter of your Mobile billing recitifed as soon as possible and I am happy to look into this further for you.

I have sent you a private message, if you could please reply,  it'd be greatly appreciated. Smiley Happy 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted

Unless I get called with a resolution by 11am Tuesday Brisbane time I am going to my local Telstra shop and cancelling all Telstra/Bigpond/Foxtel etc accounts and moving on.

I am sick of the incompetence and buck passing.

SR [reference number removed to protect the privacy of account]   <--- look it up and fix it or we are gone 

*EDIT: Reference number removed* 

Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

I appreciate the frustration you may be experiencing and would prefer that this matter did not end in cancellation of your services, therefore, have ensured that this matter is being followed up. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted
Level 21: Augmented

@Woofski wrote:

Unless I get called with a resolution by 11am Tuesday Brisbane time I am going to my local Telstra shop and cancelling all Telstra/Bigpond/Foxtel etc accounts and moving on.

I am sick of the incompetence and buck passing.

SR [reference number removed to protect the privacy of account]   <--- look it up and fix it or we are gone 

*EDIT: Reference number removed* 

you'd do a lot better to let Renee follow up for you as she has tried to do already, cancelling your services might give you some sort of satisfaction but will only end up in tears, debt collectors, bad credit file etc, as frustrating as it might be following it up is the better course of action

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Statistically, three out of five people are not the other two
Highlighted
Level 23: Superhero

I have to agree with Jokiin.

Rather than making threats, I suggest working with Renee and I'm sure they'll be able to sort your problem out.
If you've found a solution then don't forget to mark that post accordingly.
If you think I've been of assistance to you please remember to let me know by clicking on the LIKE button.

Please note: I am not a Telstra employee and any posts or opinions are entirely my own and don't reflect any official company position.
Highlighted

Got called today.

Said a new sim was in the post.

Believe it when I see it.

Waiting outcome.....

Highlighted

im with you dude these people are jsut plain frigging idiots with nothing but ignorant behaviour on their hands 

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit