Highlighted
Level 4: Private Eye

Plan changes

Answered

I received a notice that my home internet plan is changing from my current 1000GB $79 plant to an unlimited plan for $90 a month and they are very generously going to give me $10 discount for 12 months. Problem is I don't want a plan change, I am happy with what I have, in fact I seldom use the 1000gb  I already have. 

I am on ADSL2, I am one of the very lucky few who cannot get NBN, and from what I can see the only plan I can drop down to for 500gb for $75 is an NBN plan. Is there a comparative ADSL plan that  can access. Trying to call Telstra is a nightmare and the Telstra app, is the next best thing to useless. Does anyone know if there is an ADSL plan I can access for less data and less cost.

A friend is like a parachute: if they aren't there the first time, chances are you won't need them again. Oct 22 2012 – Unknown
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Re: Plan changes

Finally at long last I have resolution, I went to a Telstra store and explained the whole thing to a lovely young man instore who was very helpful. Yep, plan changed to what I wanted and no further issues. Although he did say that eventually I would have to move to NBN but as I can't get NBN where I am that's a whole different drama. So for me I will never use the useless as crap app, nor will I bother with trying to call these people. From now on it's face to face. Cheers

A friend is like a parachute: if they aren't there the first time, chances are you won't need them again. Oct 22 2012 – Unknown

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Hay Purdal, I also received the same email. I'm also on the same plan as you are and I feel like Telstra is subtle forcing us to change to $90 a month "As part of our commitment to simplify our products". Really sh##. I don't want to change plan either. 

Highlighted

I feel so too, I just wish they would ask if that is what we want rather than forcing it on us. Looks like I might have to look at another provider if Telstra insist on doing this.

Highlighted

I finally managed to get to talk to someone from Telstra and that was epic to finally get to chat. I can drop my plan down to the 500GB plan but they advised no to do it until my next rollover date, so counting the days.  

Highlighted
Level 7: Deputy Inspector

I have the same situation.

"Simplifying our products" is spin/code for making their products more expensive.

Have to go thru the circus routine of contacting a human at Telstra now, to discuss options, as I am happy with my current plan and costs.

Can't wait till Elon Musk gets his WW satellite internet up and going, it will be bye bye to the appalling internet retailers in Oz. (that includes you, Telstra)

Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Agreed. If you’re reading this Telstra, the ACCC and the Telco Ombudsman are now aware of this letter informing us of your ‘simplifying of products’.. I honestly don’t even know why I continue to give you business. Making your customers contact YOU to keep our original price agreement. Yeh, awesome. Cheers. Hope you get a knock on the door. 

Highlighted

Following up from this message 3 weeks ago, when I spoke to Telstra via the useless piece of crap app they force you to use because you can't get to talk to anyone. I was told I could downgrade my plan but to wait until my monthly rollover date so not to incur extra charges. So I did. On the 24th I tried to make contact with Telstra again, through the useless piece of crap app with the intention of downgrading my plan.

All I can say about the app help agents are they are the rudest most ignorant people I have had the misfortune of dealing with. I literally got told off for refusing to accept the plan change and cost increase by Telstra and the person on chat then ignored me for 2 hours and finally when I kept messaging, was told that a formal complaint would be lodged and a case manager would call me in 24 - 48 hours. I waited a week and no one called me, so I spoke to them again today and their excuse for not being able to help me today is because they are upgrading their service and cannot access anyone's account details, while demanding I be patient. FFS I have been patient for 3 weeks, all I want is a downgrade of my ADSL service which I can do but no one from Telstra wants to actually do it.....

If I had not just bought two new mobile phones from Telstra recently, I would cancel my entire bundle with them, home phone, internet and 2 mobiles. I am really disappointed and disgusted by the way this has gone....still not resolved. 

Highlighted
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

@NigerianLottery they were already aware of the product rationalisation, and the letter is following their guidelines to the letter.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Finally at long last I have resolution, I went to a Telstra store and explained the whole thing to a lovely young man instore who was very helpful. Yep, plan changed to what I wanted and no further issues. Although he did say that eventually I would have to move to NBN but as I can't get NBN where I am that's a whole different drama. So for me I will never use the useless as crap app, nor will I bother with trying to call these people. From now on it's face to face. Cheers

View solution in original post

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit