bestPili
Level 1: Cadet

Upgrading NBN plan 50 to 100

Im planning to upgrade my NBN plan from Standard Plus 50 to Premium 100. I have 2 existing credits with my current account. 1st is for Technical issues encountered and customer experience ($30 while the plan is active) and 2nd just got an email from Telstra saying thank you for being a valued customer, we are giving you $10 credit for 12months. My question is, can both of the credits be applied to the new plan? if not, can you explain why? and if i have other options to have a faster internet (speed boost, etc.)?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
7 REPLIES 7
SteveW_52
Level 22: Superhuman

Re: Upgrading NBN plan 50 to 100

You are upgrading your existing plan and keeping the account? Then, I think the credits you have received will stay with that account and continue being applied, regardless of the plan you upgrade (for one service on the account).

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!
bestPili

Yeah, i was hoping that was the case but when I spoke to Telstra about it (billing department), they said credits stays on the old plan and cannot be applied to the new plan. They can provide me new plan promotion but the credits I have with my existing plan is better than what their promotion is offering. I was speaking to billing though, not sure if I was talking to the right department or if I should have been asking sales department. 
Hopefully someone from Telstra could shed some light on this please?

SteveW_52

You probably need to find a better, more direct way to talk to Telstra Billing or Sales, than here at CrowdSupport - which is mostly Telstra customers assisting other Telstra customers...

You should be able to negotiate with the sales team to keep at least part of the credits..as an incentive to stay with Telstra..  otherwise you might consider another provider, right?

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict :-) also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
bestPili

Yeah, I was hoping someone had the same experience and point me to the right direction.
I will try with sales and hopefully they consider applying my credits to the new plan otherwise, I will be forced to look somewhere else Smiley Sad

Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

You would have to speak with Sales or Billing as none of the Telstra Staff are allowed to access customer account information based on contact through this forum. That would mean that they couldn't see exactly what type of credit has been applied to your account in order to work out if it would be an ongoing credit that could be applied to an upgraded plan, or whether it would be extinguished by the upgrade.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
bestPili

Just an update, I was able to speak to someone in billing and was told that moving to a different plan will get rid of my credits (as per system design) so the option she provided is to add a speed boost to my existing account with no lock in contract. So if I am still not happy with the speed, I can just have the speed boost removed.

SteveW_52

I wondered if that might be an option, but availability of Speedboost is very dependent on your available service/s at the location. If you get speedboost then that should achieve close to the same result..  if the SuperFast option was available to you, that would be even better solution..

Stevo 52

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit