Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Account issues

I have a very complex issue, which has been brought about by incompetent Telstra account management. We have been 'chatting' to Telstra for months now and still have not had these issues resolved. If anyone is able to tell me how to get in contact BY PHONE with a consultant I would be eternally grateful. Although our previous conversations have gotten us nowhere so far.

What was once a shared account between my husband and I was requested to be moved to two accounts...one for myself at my new address, including my mobile plan, and one for my husband at his address including his mobile plan. We have three mobile pre paid plans for our kids, which we just need on one account and don't care which.

Somehow, there have been three accounts created, one for myself and now two for my husband. My telstra app has two profiles, one shows me my husbands account and one shows me one of the pre paid mobiles.

For some reason, my husband's account has two of my email addresses linked to it and now his email address is linked to my account. We have all account numbers and have details on which account needs to have which email removed and replaced, but we can not get in contact with anyone to rectify it. 

We really don't want to cancel our accounts with telstra but feel like there may be no other option since we can not even get to speak to anyone in the accounts team who are the only people able to fix this.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Account issues

Not good at all to read about the messy account which is causing frustration. Phone options are limited at this time so the best way to contact someone who can help is via chat or My Telstra app. When chatting have you requested that a complaint be raised? This would be best as a case manager can then investigate and get in touch. Google "Telstra Complaint" and there is an online form you can complete there.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit