KingMupett
Level 1: Cadet

Will Telstra Match Price on Broadband?

Hi Telstra, wondering if you would match broadband price of another isp. I currently am with Aussie Broadband paying $149/mth for their home ultra fast broadband and am wanting to go elsewhere for broadband as too many issues with wifi dropping and cutting out and their support is hopeless and takes them way too long to actually be somewhat helpful, I have tried contacting telstra support via app but wasn't very helpful as the " so called telstra expert " didn't seem to understand english very well hence why I'm asking here. I have cancelled my service with aussiebroadband and will need another connection asap as we need broadband at my address and would really appreciate if you could match their price for your ultra fast broadband equivalent of $149 and or make a good deal/bundle since my mobile phone and watch plan is with you and thinking of possibly a couple of add ons

Cheers

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
Dowser
Level 21: Augmented
Level 21: Augmented

Re: Will Telstra Match Price on Broadband?

Telstra only provide a Price Match on post paid phone handset purchases, and only within 7 days from purchase.

Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity

Telstra won't price match on home broadband services. Also, if it was your connection that was dropping out (not just your wifi connection), changing providers won't fix that. You needed to get NBN Co to fix the connection. 

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
KingMupett

it's mainly only wifi and modem is at fault but aussie won't do anything about it and at the current time i can't go and buy a modem to fix it

@Jupiter wrote:

Telstra won't price match on home broadband services. Also, if it was your connection that was dropping out (not just your wifi connection), changing providers won't fix that. You needed to get NBN Co to fix the connection. 

KingMupett

I did learn telstra won't price match sadly so have stuck with wifi dropping out until a new modem can be funded

Jupiter

Is the modem under warranty (usually 2 years if it is supplied by your telco)?

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
SteveW_52
Level 22: Superhuman
Level 22: Superhuman

Check eBay, Gumtree and FB Marketplace etc. for new/near new modems to suit, they are often at good prices.

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict 🙂 also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit