BShifty
Level 2: Rookie

Will Telstra match the new Foxtel Broadband Bundles

I see Foxtel has just released new Broadband Bundles, as "advertised" on A Current Affair.

Will Telstra be price matching these with their Bundles?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Kalak
Level 23: Superhero

Re: Will Telstra match the new Foxtel Broadband Bundles

Until potential new prices go public you won't see Telstra staff (or genuine insiders) discuss possible price changes.

In my mind, I don't see Telstra trying to match/undercut Foxtel on these bundles at this stage. Telstra just haven't ever been the 'price-match' or 'race to the bottom' company.

The Foxtel bundles do provide great value, especially at the 500GB tier when compared to similar offers from Telstra though. I guess if they see enough customer churn that it becomes an issue then something will happen. It's likely seen as just another entrant to the market.
If you've found a solution then don't forget to mark that post accordingly.
If you think I've been of assistance to you please remember to let me know by clicking on the LIKE button.

Please note: I am not a Telstra employee and any posts or opinions are entirely my own and don't reflect any official company position.
Murphyboy
Level 1: Cadet

I have tried to talk to Telstra regarding this and was moved to 2 different people and spent most of my 55 minute conversation on hold. We are paying much more for the same deal through Telstra, and are keen to take up the Foxtel offer. We have been Telstra customers continuously for 40 years. Not sure what to do next. Any suggestion??

Kalak
Level 23: Superhero

In all honesty, you have to go with the best deal for your needs as a consumer. The only way that competition works and prices come down is if a business like Telstra sees customers leaving for other providers.
If you've found a solution then don't forget to mark that post accordingly.
If you think I've been of assistance to you please remember to let me know by clicking on the LIKE button.

Please note: I am not a Telstra employee and any posts or opinions are entirely my own and don't reflect any official company position.
Rissallan1
Level 1: Cadet

Telstra argue that the have rented their broadband lines to foxtel at a slower rate. So you are not getting the same

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit