Suth11
Level 2: Rookie

5G Hub - no internet for 5 days

5 Days ago my 5 G hub stopped receiving data and the hub wouldnt update data used or days remaining. Is anyone else having this issue in Brisbane city area? The hub is detecting the devices but is not working in realtion to providing internet.

I have done a factory re-set, removed and replaced the sim, all the usual.

I realise this isnt a broadband issue as such but this was the closestoption.

This morning I contacted Telstra via the message app to outline the issue and in the interim drove to a telstra businsess store. In the store the hub started working again so we assumed that tech support had fixed it in the background. Drove home and device is not working again, no internet data coming in. Meanwhile the app "people" message and say give them 45 minutes and it will be sorted. I then have had at least 3 more messages within that same chat asking who I am, whats my problem, whats my DOB... Its all in the chat. So frustrating on so many levels. 5 hours into the chat and I'm still hot spotting from my phone. I'm now also on hold to tech support, I can't believe how drastically the telstra techa and support side of the business has deteriorated. 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
7 REPLIES 7
OllieW
Support Team
Support Team

Re: 5G Hub - no internet for 5 days

Hi Suth, I know there's been some issues out that way.

If they're still giving you trouble could you send through the suburb and postcode and I'll take a look.

Ta!

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Suth11

Hi OllieW

Still no 5g, suburb is 4169. From the limited info I have been able to gather about 5g locations in the area I have assumed that my signal was coming from Shaftson uni in Castlebar street Kangaroo Point. The only recent change is a new building which has now reached a similar height to the uni that is situated in between my building and the uni. However the uni is still only 500m away so not sure what impact that would have.

I havent been able to determine if 5g is located in New Farm 4005 which is also close

OllieW
Support Team
Support Team

Right, what sort of 5G coverage should you be getting on the map here: https://tel.st/9gcrx ?

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Suth11

Both indoor and outdoor coverage which is what I had. This map is useful, but an outages map would be better Smiley Happy

StaceyL1
Support Team
Support Team

While it's not a "map", we do have a page  here where you can check for outages in your area. That being said, I've taken a look and there's nothing known listed for the area. Taking a look into New Farm, there's some patches of 5G coverage though for the most part it's looking like 4G is more accessible.

That building could be causing somewhat of an impact in your service, as the mobile network predominantly relies on line of sight to the tower. That being said, there should still be something that can be done to improve the service you're getting. 

From here, it's best to continue chatting with tech support, as they can raise a fault ticket if their troubleshooting isn't helping.

Suth11

OK thanks for the follow up, what is the simplest way to raising a fault ticket as sitting on hold on the phone for 2+ hours is not on my preferred list for this week?

Last week when I did get through I had a lot of difficulty getting the person to understand that I wasnt having an issue with my mobile phone, I'm not sure they actually knew what a Telstra 5G Wi-Fi Hotspot device was?

StaceyL1
Support Team
Support Team

You can contact tech support in our app, by chatting through the 'Get help' tab. When touch the blue speech bubble and you're approached by Codi (the bot), use short phrases such as "tech support" a couple of times to give the prompt to take you through to chat with an agent.

My Telstra

Manage your business services on your mobile with the My Telstra app.

Find out more