kazande
Level 1: Cadet

ADSL 2 drop outs

On pc (conected with ethernet cable)  & ipads/iphones (using the wi-fi on the same network) seem to be experiencing drop outs.

Getting a message saying page will not load. Have tried using three different browsers when using internet. Some pages load, some don't. Can still use some apps on iphones/ipads. Some apps wont update either when using wi-fi unless I turn off wi-fi.

Have re-started then re-set my TG797n v3 which hasn't helped. All lights are green & indicating that internet connection is fine & strong.

In recent weeks my local Exchange has been having "upgrades". Seems to be since this activity, my issues have started. 

Have had this router/modem fo about a year with no issues until now.

Any thoughts?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
8 REPLIES 8
Caaf
Level 23: Superhero

Re: ADSL 2 drop outs

Hi there..

Are you able to supply your modems line stats?

I assume you can't hear any noise on the associated phone line via a directly plugged phone into the line, wait for no dial/engaged tone.

Have you removed everything hanging off the line just to make sure nothing is any local device.

The cool thing with a business account you have a little more push contacting telstra directly, that I'll leave up to you Smiley Wink

Cheers,
Dave

kazande

Hi Dave,

Is it DSL Connection - Link Information that is the line stats?

Phone line etc seems fine. 

I'll try contacting Telstra again direct. Huge wait times yesterday..

Thanks!

Caaf
Level 23: Superhero

What number are you calling? 132999?

Yes I'd like you to share the page that has line speed, line attenuation, fec/crc errors ect.

Maybe stick your postcode in here http://servicestatus.telstra.com/servicestatus/goc.do?q=summary.html to see if there's any information?

Cheers,
Dave

kazande

Yes, phoned the 132999 & they gave me a 1800 direct number to call instead. Needless to say, I didn't get anywhere & gave up.

Just used that link with my postcode. Seems that there are broadband cable maintenance going on. It's been going on for a couple of weeks now though. Maybe they've been working on it for that long???

Thanks Dave!

Faaiz_Telstra
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi kazande

Drop faults on an Adsl service can be caused by equipment both within and outside the premises. It's important to make sure that devices like modem, filters, cabling etc are not faulty and suitable/compatible for use with Adsl service.

It would be a good idea to start troubleshooting the issue with an Isolation test as it can help get to the root of the fault if one exists on the premises. This knowledge base provides detailed info on how to perform an isolation test:  http://goo.gl/fTXVZ

For help with the above or for anything else you can speak to our FOH faults team on 133 933 or via Live Chat:  http://goo.gl/Cx3Wl

-Faaiz

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

kazande

Thank you Faaiz,

I'll give that a go.

Cheers!

aleung

Hi Faaiz,

I don't have the time to go around the whole office to do this test, have you got any other suggestions?

I can see it on my AirPort Utility that the Internet keeps turning brown for a few seconds and then back on green for a while. What can I do?

Also Live Chat came back with this screen...

Screen Shot 2014-03-04 at 17.57.45.png

Alan

@Faaiz_Telstra wrote:

Hi kazande

Drop faults on an Adsl service can be caused by equipment both within and outside the premises. It's important to make sure that devices like modem, filters, cabling etc are not faulty and suitable/compatible for use with Adsl service.

It would be a good idea to start troubleshooting the issue with an Isolation test as it can help get to the root of the fault if one exists on the premises. This knowledge base provides detailed info on how to perform an isolation test:  http://goo.gl/fTXVZ

For help with the above or for anything else you can speak to our FOH faults team on 133 933 or via Live Chat:  http://goo.gl/Cx3Wl

-Faaiz

Shellock
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi aleung,

We always recommend that customers check the configuration of the equipment connected to the phone line and the model of the filter/s being used.

Apart from performing an isolation test we also suggest customers to try different line profiles

[Note: after logging in, some customers will be redirected to My Account and need to perform the following steps to then select Account Services then My BigPond from the menu located at the top right of the page.]

If you continue to experience difficulties after checking the above, then the next step is to contact Tech Support for the appropriate area.

Telstra Internet Direct: 132 999

Digital Office Technology: 132 000 then say 'Digital Business'

BigPond: 133 933

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

My Telstra

Manage your business services on your mobile with the My Telstra app.

Find out more