Artslet1
Level 2: Rookie

Call forwarding to mobile phone

I volunteer at a small community agency which has landline phones. The phones - Panasonic - are not equipped for telecoil, so are no help with my cochlear implants. The office environment is quite noisy so calls can be very difficult for me as a cochlear implant recipient. If I could forward a difficult call, after receiving it, to my mobile phone, I could stream it directly to my implants making conversation far easier. Is there a way to do this?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
ProfessorPhone
Level 23: Superhero

Re: Call forwarding to mobile phone

Telstra do have a disability support department that in normal times you can ring.  Below is a link to the online assistance:

https://www.telstra.com.au/aboutus/community-environment/community-programs/disability/disability-pr...

"BEING NICE TO OTHERS .. IS NICE"
If I have helped you, a "Like" would be appreciated.

If my advice is a solution, please acknowledge it.

I'm not a Telstra employee.
50 + years exp. in radio comms., eg mobile phones since 1963, two-way radios, base stations, antennas & pagers. Expert in current Telstra Go repeaters & smart antennas.
"Being 76 years of age, entitles one to be an expert at everything!!"
Artslet1

Thank you. I'll check out the phones suggested for people having difficulty hearing incoming calls. 

Mkrtich
Level 21: Augmented
Level 21: Augmented

Hi - does your community agency have a Panasonic Telephone System ( Digital or Hybrid IP PABX or Key Phone System)  with desk special business phones or is it using traditional direct line exchange line services with domestic cordless handsets.

1. External transfer from a call answered on a PABX telephone system extension handset to a mobile phone may be possible subject to the type of exchange lines connected to the system and the functionality of the PABX system i.e. if the system supports external transfer.

I would expect that a Digital or SIP Trunk exchange service connected to a Hybrid telephone system which supported external transfer to work, but not if traditional analog exchange services were in place as the clear down signal is absent on analog trunks services.  

Some telephone systems can ring the desk phone and the associated mobile phone at the same time allowing a person to choose which device to answer the call. In addition to ProfessorPhone's link, the Office Manager may be able to confirm the system's capabilities by talking to their telephone system's service provider.

2. Some headsets which can be connected to office phones and cordless phones are specially equipped with Telecoil and I am not sure if that may also be an option. 

Artslet1

Thank you for your detailed response. Our agency is essentially standalone in a council building, and uses domestic style digital cordless hand sets. We have two phone numbers, and each Panasonic base station supports 3 hand sets. Unfortunately the hand sets do not have the facility to connect to a hearing aid or cochlear implant telecoil - in other words they are not hearing aid compatible or HAC. In the US apparently all workplaces must have HAC phones, but being a volunteer organisation in Victoria, when these phones were installed pre 2016 I don't think there was such a regulation. There may not be such a regulation even today. Nevertheless, I suspect our model of Panasonic may now be superseded, and if so, I'll be pushing for an appropriate upgrade.

My Telstra

Manage your business services on your mobile with the My Telstra app.

Find out more