Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Can I have more that one NBN plan at the same address?

Answered

We recently moved to a small rural business where the NBN is connected.

The business already has a service provider for the Office (not Telstra) we moved our home Telstra plan with our move and have connected our Telstra plan to the (same) NBN box using UNI-D port 2 (as advised by Telstra).

Problem is apparently our Telstra modem blocks the Office (other IP) and slows it down?

Is this correct?

Is there another way we can have NBN access for our home and the Office (literally next door to our home)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: Can I have more that one NBN plan at the same address?

If you are on FTTP (which it sounds like you are), then no, the two services should not interfere with each other.

Are your devices using WiFi or ethernet connection? If they are using WiFi, make sure that the two routers are using different channels to eliminate the chances of interference.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

If you are on FTTP (which it sounds like you are), then no, the two services should not interfere with each other.

Are your devices using WiFi or ethernet connection? If they are using WiFi, make sure that the two routers are using different channels to eliminate the chances of interference.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Thank you so much for your help.

We use wi-fi for our Home Telstra and the Office uses Ethernet for two desktop computers and wifi for one laptop. Can I please ask how I can ensure that they are using different Channels?

My Telstra

Manage your business services on your mobile with the My Telstra app.

Find out more