moba02
Level 1: Cadet

Can you please clarify pricing for internet add-ons?

Answered

I've found a page that specifies prices for internet speed add-ons:

- $30 for premium

- $40 for superfast

- $80 for ultrafast

The question I have is whether those prices are on top of Standard price or on top of the speed below that add-on.

For example the $30 premium add-on is on top of $100 standard plan so total is $130/month.

Is the $40 superfast add-on on top of $100 standard ($140/month total) or is it on top of the premium price of $130 ($170/month total)?

Thanks, Toni

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jupiter
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: Can you please clarify pricing for internet add-ons?

My apologies, I didn't see that you had posted in the Business Broadband section (it doesn't show up very clearly and a lot of people post in the wrong areas anyway).

The Critical Information Summary has the information you are after and can be located here -> Telstra Small Business Broadband Plans

The boost charges are on top of the base plan that you have chosen. You can't choose more than one boost, so the cost doesn't compound. It's either $30, $40, etc. all the way up to $350 per month for the Ultra Plus which gives you 100Mbps uploads as well.

The speeds that are quoted are "typical" peak download speeds, not what the actual NBN Speed tier is, that is why there is very little difference between the indicated speeds on the Superfast and Ultrafast plans. Basically, it's what Telstra can guarantee that you will get (at least 80% of the time) without overselling the capability.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
Jupiter

Superfast (NBN250) and Ultrafast (NBN1000) add-ons are on top of the Premium Speed Tier service.

The $30 Premium (NBN100) Add-on isn't available any more. It was for older plans. You would just go on the Premium Plan now as the difference in price between Standard Plus (NBN50) and Premium (NBN100) is only $20.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
moba02

Thanks, but are you sure you're talking about Business plans, as opposed to Personal? I just started an order and it still gives an option to upgrade to Premium 100mbps for $30.

Also, the fact sheet shows Superfast as 215mbps and Ultrafast as 250mbps as opposed to 250 and 1000 respectivelly:

https://www.telstra.com.au/content/dam/tcom/personal/help/pdf/cis-business/nbn-key-facts/smb-key-fac...

SteveW_52
Level 22: Superhuman

@Jupiter would not have known you were looking for business plans, as you didn't mention that little detail..  Smiley Happy

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict 🙂 also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!
Jupiter
Accepted Solution

My apologies, I didn't see that you had posted in the Business Broadband section (it doesn't show up very clearly and a lot of people post in the wrong areas anyway).

The Critical Information Summary has the information you are after and can be located here -> Telstra Small Business Broadband Plans

The boost charges are on top of the base plan that you have chosen. You can't choose more than one boost, so the cost doesn't compound. It's either $30, $40, etc. all the way up to $350 per month for the Ultra Plus which gives you 100Mbps uploads as well.

The speeds that are quoted are "typical" peak download speeds, not what the actual NBN Speed tier is, that is why there is very little difference between the indicated speeds on the Superfast and Ultrafast plans. Basically, it's what Telstra can guarantee that you will get (at least 80% of the time) without overselling the capability.

View solution in original post

SteveW_52

I didn't see that either @Jupiter  sometimes the 'board' boxes don't show up at all for me or are hard to read because of colour..  probably display settings for me as I am trying a new display card..  Smiley Frustrated

Stevo 52
Too many devices, probably an addict 🙂 also a tinkerer and developer of stuff..
Not with Telstra, just another customer like you!
moba02

Great, that makes sense. Thanks for clarifying!

My Telstra

Manage your business services on your mobile with the My Telstra app.

Find out more